Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris has ruled himself out of the leadership :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It certainly wasn't a mandate for May. She backed an idea which was thrown out by the voters.

The feeling is that the minority of Tories who voted to leave can rally around her and, with the help of some realpolitikians, provide us with a PM who comes from a minority within a minority.

That's not democracy. It's pretty close to a constitutional coup.
    How the hell can the internal decisions of one political party be a constitutional coup?

The referendum vote wasn't a mandate for any politician, it was a mandate to leave the EU - nothing more. That is something May has made clear that she acknowledges and will do if chosen as PM. How the Tory party chooses to run its affairs is a matter for them and no-one else at this stage.

Because this internal decision is foisting an unelected PM upon the rest of us who is not even the most popular politician in her own party.

You might as well have kept Cameron. It was a vote against a political idea - the EU - and those who rooted for it should not now be allowed to dictate our exit terms.

Because this internal decision is foisting an unelected PM upon the rest of us who is not even the most popular politician in her own party.

You might as well have kept Cameron. It was a vote against a political idea - the EU - and those who rooted for it should not now be allowed to dictate our exit terms.
    Remember, we don't elect prime ministers. We elect MPs.

Yeah, yeah sure. But who's going to be PM is one of the major factors behind people's decision to vote for a party. Hence the Foot debacle and assorted Tory leader failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Remember, we don't elect prime ministers. We elect MPs.
    Not really sure facts are really Mo's thing when he goes into full drama queen mode

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not really sure facts are really Mo's thing when he goes into full drama queen mode
    Sorry but the insistence that the referendum result somehow entitles May to be PM ahead of Johnson or Gove is simply perverse. FACT.

Sorry but the insistence that the referendum result somehow entitles May to be PM ahead of Johnson or Gove is simply perverse. FACT.
    No, it isn't. No point arguing as Berni has laid out the reasons why not above

We disagree. That's all. I put my logic behind numbers.

The referendum result doesn't instruct a party who its leader should be, only what they are mandated to do.

We disagree. That's all. I put my logic behind numbers.
    I'm not sure there is anything logical in the entire situation, m