Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Fudge. Gove and Fox challenging Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Our leaders may be undemocratic, authroitarian and unaccountable, but they're our leaders, at least.

That chap Juncker has angered me.
    He's angered Angela as well - I suspect he may not be long for this world

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Our leaders may be undemocratic, authroitarian and unaccountable, but they're our leaders, at least.

That chap Juncker has angered me.
    They largely put him in place to anger us, though. And guess what? He succeeded admirably. wd EU. Top judgement there.

Juncker is an odious alcoholic skunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Juncker is an odious alcoholic skunk.
    Whoa there, mo. Let's have less of the hating on alcoholics now. No need for that.

I have no problem with alcoholics. Most of my best friends are alcoholics.

But none of them are supposedly running the affairs of a continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I have no problem with alcoholics. Most of my best friends are alcoholics.

But none of them are supposedly running the affairs of a continent.
    Churchill was a raging alcoholic. He seemed to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Churchill was a raging alcoholic. He seemed to manage.
    I'd much rather trust an alcoholic than a tee-totaller. Odd people them

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ultimately, all I cared abut was the undemocratic, authoritarian and unaccountable nature of the EU, so I just wanted us out of that. The other details don't bother me over much.
    Yes, which is why remaining in the single market is the desirable route. However, as the free movement of goods, services, capital and labour requires standard rules defining what constitutes those things there is the matter of having to accept those rules, thus still being subject to EU law to an extent. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

One of the liberating things of being out of the EU should be the ability to not be subject to EU's racist policies against brown people, so that we can attract more talent from India and Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'd much rather trust an alcoholic than a tee-totaller. Odd people them
    Yes. My view would be that Juncker would be a **** regardless of how much he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, which is why remaining in the single market is the desirable route. However, as the free movement of goods, services, capital and labour requires standard rules defining what constitutes those things there is the matter of having to accept those rules, thus still being subject to EU law to an extent. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

One of the liberating things of being out of the EU should be the ability to not be subject to EU's racist policies against brown people, so that we can attract more talent from India and Africa.
    Yes, we're going to have to swallow some stuff we don't particularly like as part of the deal, but so are they. That's how deals work.

Anyone who thought we were going to cut all ties and walk off into the sunset was kidding themselves.

It's like a divorce, basically. You split up, but there are still ties that bind you in terms of finances, property, kids, etc, so it's never going to be truly final.