Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So members of the same English football press who have for years ridiculed AW now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    To be fair, there’s not really anyone in the media who has ever suggested he’s a fundamentally bad manager. On the contrary, everyone almost universally agrees he’s a very good one, but also a stubborn one who is overly bound to his principles.

Which I don't necessarily agree with, but is nonetheless an entirely fair comment to make.
    Snide, dismissive criticism is inherent, though, in the use of the term "principles" itself. See also: Philosophy.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Snide, dismissive criticism is inherent, though, in the use of the term "principles" itself. See also: Philosophy.
    The only snide, dismissive criticism of Arsene Wenger comes from our own fans. Everyone else just thinks he should be a bit more pragmatic, which, again, I would take issue with, but am not offended by as an expressed opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The only snide, dismissive criticism of Arsene Wenger comes from our own fans. Everyone else just thinks he should be a bit more pragmatic, which, again, I would take issue with, but am not offended by as an expressed opinion.
    Oh, sure, we do it too. Fleet Street is sometimes more subtle?

But, as you suggest, it's all just #banter, in any case.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

they will rip him to shreads....poor guy.