Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Icelanders tonight...

The Icelanders tonight...

worth a punt?

I've seen England blow far easier chances

Northern Ireland 1nil springs to mind imo

What we have here is 1 team with stacks of quality but there's no rhyme of reason to their structure and formation vs a team with ordinary players who are extremely well organised...pretty nippy on the counter attack too.

England could get sucker punched here if they don't put away this lot quickly (like Germany yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    worth a punt?

I've seen England blow far easier chances

Northern Ireland 1nil springs to mind imo

What we have here is 1 team with stacks of quality but there's no rhyme of reason to their structure and formation vs a team with ordinary players who are extremely well organised...pretty nippy on the counter attack too.

England could get sucker punched here if they don't put away this lot quickly (like Germany yesterday).
    Nah. While England are perpetual losers, it is also their role to be chip-pissers in these situations where there is a minnow team who become everyone's favourite (think Cameroon in 1990).

Beat Iceland and then beat France, national expectation and hysteria reaches a high not experienced in many years. Not only are you ****ing off out of the EU but you are also going to be kings of Europe.

Lose to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Beat Iceland and then beat France, national expectation and hysteria reaches a high not experienced in many years. Not only are you ****ing off out of the EU but you are also going to be kings of Europe.

Lose to Germany.
    The thing is that I've seen nothing about this England team that suggests they could beat any of the major European sides.

England will squeeze past Iceland and be comfortably outplayed by France.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    The question is: will England be roundly booed by all the foreign types? Will there be Brexit-based violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The question is: will England be roundly booed by all the foreign types? Will there be Brexit-based violence?
    Not by the Icelanders.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...tions-britain/

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean the Icelanders. There's only about 100-odd of them anyway aren't there? No, I meant the locals as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean the Icelanders. There's only about 100-odd of them anyway aren't there? No, I meant the locals as much as anything.
    Oh the French? 53% of whom wish to leave the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    France huffed and puffed their way past us yesterday, comfortable perhaps in the end but playing against 10 men some of whom were dead on their feet after exertions the previous game v Italy.

Even then a small bit more calm and composure from McLean could have seen a second goal (I accept a bit more from Griezemann could have seen them score 3 or 4).

No Kante, no Rami. Cabaye and Mangala?