Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Labour for another shambles :clap:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well done Labour for another shambles :clap:

Couldn't even just send 1 email to Jezza and the media with all of the resigning....nope had to do 1 every hour and turn it into an absolute circus....

It's like... a plot? It's tactics?

Oddly enough one of the short plays in the fairly execrable "A View From Islington North" at the Arts Theatre deals with this very scenario. Except I think David Hare thought the danger had now passed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It's like... a plot? It's tactics?

Oddly enough one of the short plays in the fairly execrable "A View From Islington North" at the Arts Theatre deals with this very scenario. Except I think David Hare thought the danger had now passed!
    The thing is that they're stuck in this vicious cycle where the MPs can keep rendering Corbyn unable to lead, but the membership will still vote for him if he's challenged. Literally the only way it can be resolved is by him stepping aside, but he's not going to do it because the left of the party know that if he goes, they'll never get another chance at leading.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-27-2016 at 08:32 AM.

It will only end if/when Corbyn is crushed at a general election. But that depends on the Tories not dragging themselves down into the abyss.

It will only end if/when Corbyn is crushed at a general election. But that depends on the Tories not dragging themselves down into the abyss.
    Oh, I'm sure they're praying that Corbyn stays in place long enough for them to go to the country with whoever's in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I'm sure they're praying that Corbyn stays in place long enough for them to go to the country with whoever's in charge.
    If Corbyn does step down I'm definitely paying my 3 quid to vote for Winnie Abbott

The thing these people don't seem to get is the difference between being a government and behaving like an abandoned wife; Boris may be a liar but at least you can trust him. If you follow me.

Even David Cameron: We lost, I resign. No messing. Responsibilty, you see. Leadership.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.

Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.
    It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.

It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.
    Indeed

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."