Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done Labour for another shambles :clap:

Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I kind of expected the tantrums, but it's the unashamed anger and revulsion against those dirty unwashed masses who have dared to express an opinion which I find quite surprising. Actually, no; I'm not surprised that the liberal left is revolted by hoi polloi, but that they're now prepared to expressed it so openly and with such vehemence.
    Yup. The class divisions are so clear and raw that it's quite shocking. You have people effectively saying 'Let's have another referendum because the working class voted in this one and ruined it with their stupid ideas'. It's genuinely shocking to hear Labour supporters who pretty explicitly want to disenfranchise the white working classes in order to appease the middle classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Basically we are being told that democracy is only acceptable when the result suits the intelligentsia.
    It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It does rather explicitly make the point that nothing scares the EU and its supporters more than actual democracy - which was kind of why a lot of us voted Leave in the first place.
    Indeed

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Indeed

Wd german graffitists. Silly of whoever approved that poster not to see that could be done, tbh.

Looooooooooooooool