Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Of course, if there are any real statesmen left in this country

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Will he really be Prime Minister?
    Yes. It would be absurd to have a duplicitous trimmer like May, who supported Remain, to negotiate the new deal.

Gove is the only realistic alternative but preferably they'll team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    i want willie!
    I think we tried that before, didn't we? It didn't go well, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think we tried that before, didn't we? It didn't go well, did it?
    Faults on both sides, I'm sure.

Assuming anyone actually touched the sides, that is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Yes. It would be absurd to have a duplicitous trimmer like May, who supported Remain, to negotiate the new deal.

Gove is the only realistic alternative but preferably they'll team up.
    I think Gove knows he's not PM material. May will be more popular with the MPs, but the membership (who make the final decision) will probably prefer a Leave candidate. May tried to stay below the radar as much as possible, but having been Remain isn't a good look right now.

and if there are any to be found in the EU, a Great Fudge could easily be made.

Starting with the understanding that there is no rush to crack on and rush into anything, the chaps may all put their heads together and come up with a possible plan with which to tempt the public into changing their minds. Free movement of people 'within certain limits', for example. Boris could return triumphantly from Brussels waving a piece of paper representing the best of both worlds, and we could try out this new, improved EU for a couple of years before pressing the Out button. By then hoi polloi might be temptedf to step back from the brink.

I really do hope so, Sir C. I'm awfully worried

Why did we elect to shoot ourselves in the foot? It makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Oh it will all be fine, whatever happens. There's far too much money at stake for anything to be allowed to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Jesus wept, man! Strap on a pair, for ****'s sake. It'll be fine.

Oh it will all be fine, whatever happens. There's far too much money at stake for anything to be allowed to go wrong.
    Well, at least the there is, now that we won't be involved in pouring/wasting money towards propping up an expanding clump of backwater and largely corrupt ne'er do wells..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Well, at least the there is, now that we won't be involved in pouring/wasting money towards propping up an expanding clump of backwater and largely corrupt ne'er do wells..
    Is this the 350m per day I have been hearing about?

In fact I did see a television advert about it last week. A new hospital per day, blimey.