Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luvvie land reaction

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ah, good.

Stands to reason really. I mean, you don't go to Cambridge just to spend your career chatting to former miner's wives in your home village about the price of eggs, do you.
    Miners? Blimey, you have been away a long time haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Miners? Blimey, you have been away a long time haven't you?
    I was even surprised Henley voted In!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I am particularly proud of Leave voters for ignoring the blatant attempts to emotionally blackmail them into voting Remain after the Jo Cox business. I'd been confident before that, but I must admit I thought that might swing it. wd everyone.
    Do we know if it was tight enough for the slightly-lower-than-expected turnout in London (due to the weather) to swing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I thought the Jo Cox murder had swung it. I was wrong. I underestimated the strength of the loathing which had built up against the EU and its leadership. I do think if it hadn't happened though the result would have been even clearer, probably topping 55% for leave.
    Surely huge numbers of those who voted Leave aren't politically engaged enough to "loath" the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do we know if it was tight enough for the slightly-lower-than-expected turnout in London (due to the weather) to swing it?
    Weather out.

Surely huge numbers of those who voted Leave aren't politically engaged enough to "loath" the EU?
    They were politically engaged enough to hate having been lied to about Europe for 40 years and ignored and insulted if they dared to object. It amounts to the same thing, ultimately.

Not really. I seriously doubt 1.3 million Remain voters were prevented from voting by flooding.

Not really. I seriously doubt 1.3 million Remain voters were prevented from voting by flooding.
    I think they're all at Glastonbury