Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So it's looking like remain unless the bookies have got it horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren's Dodgy Denim View Post
    Well there is always the British Virgin Islands (can't be many), Bermuda, Anguila, Montserrat or Turks and Caicos Islands...
    Full of ghastly nouveau riche types hiding their ill-gotten gains. No, it just won't wash, I'm afraid.

It's back to Kenya, I suppose. I'm sure those hills will produce coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Full of ghastly nouveau riche types hiding their ill-gotten gains. No, it just won't wash, I'm afraid.

You have to pronounce it Keeeen-ya, of course. Just to piss off the natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I know. I think all people of spirit feel the same. Sadly, the world is dominated by those who would rather curse the darkness than light a candle.
    Who was the fellow that said people can live without a god, but not without a devil.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You have to pronounce it Keeeen-ya, of course. Just to piss off the natives.
    It's amazing how many mzungu you encounter in Keenya who still pronouce it that way. To be fair, the locals don't appear to give a damn.

It's clearly been a while since you wielded the willow. I now have a three-pounder with a middle on it about four times bigger than the ones I grew up using. I can get away with murder these days because I can usually clear the infield with a mi****. It is still about timing, but a good big'un beats a good little'un every time.
    Indeed, it has been a while.

So nowadays it's just like with hounds then.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Ideally, yes. However, I think for most people it's just a way of hiding in a crowd.
    True, sadly. I blame Vietnam.

Oh, I know. I think all people of spirit feel the same. Sadly, the world is dominated by those who would rather curse the darkness than light a candle.
    Or as Tony Benn (PBUH) used to say, "better a bad parliament than a good king". #thepointistochangeit

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Or as Tony Benn (PBUH) used to say, "better a bad parliament than a good king". #thepointistochangeit
    And he would certainly know :2ndViscountStansgate:

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And he would certainly know :2ndViscountStansgate:
    Now, now, reg. You can't hold an accident of birth against a chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

St. Helena should provide dignified solitude. Especially since there will be no airport noise. Everything failing, there is still Pitcairn, if you want to get up close to future relatives...