Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's looking like remain unless the bookies have got it horribly wrong.

So it's looking like remain unless the bookies have got it horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    That's my guess. Polls are all well within the margin for error, though.

The Jorge
    Yeah, though I seem to remember the same thing being said at the General Election and then it all going to **** when the polls closed.

I miss suicidally inclined Tory berni, this new smug won isnt nearly as endearing.

I don't see how they could possibly know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't see how they could possibly know.
    Bookies always know when the fix is in, f. It's their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bookies always know when the fix is in, f. It's their job.
    I feel very sad about this stuff Berni, regardless the result I feel the damage is done.

That aside I thought in life people are usually encouraged to take chances and venture into the unknown. rather than play it safe.
    Also I think the votes should not be counted during the night I've done some night shifts in my time and it's not a place for complicated tasks like counting.

I feel very sad about this stuff Berni, regardless the result I feel the damage is done.

That aside I thought in life people are usually encouraged to take chances and venture into the unknown. rather than play it safe.
    Also I think the votes should not be counted during the night I've done some night shifts in my time and it's not a place for complicated tasks like counting.
    Sadly, a lot of people are cringing, unprincipled cowards, f. They do what they're told by the big man from the government/bank/whatever because he tells them terrible things will happen otherwise.

I know what you mean about nightshifts. I used to do nights in a refrigerated warehouse. It was the most desperate place you've ever seen. The poor *******s were so cold, knackered and miserable, they used to cheer themselves up by howling 'CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTT!' at the tops of their voices so it echoed round the place.

I was once given a lift home by a black bloke called Socrates. Being a fresh-faced 19 year-old I said: 'Like the philosopher, you mean?' He'd named himself after the footballer when he was young (?!), had never heard of the philosopher and thought I was taking the piss

I always felt the hours between 3 and 5 were the worst. Worked nights in the hotel a few times and had a stint as the spare night manager Then did security.

One day I was sent to another site to cover. did the patrols and that then this over enthusiastic fella who worked there showed me his photo collection of castles. I said that's a nice castle. 'THAT'S NOT A CASTLE IT'S A FORT!' :That told me

After ages of these photos he then said to me it's time get the party started. He then started playing episodes of Sharpe on his laptop.

I always felt the hours between 3 and 5 were the worst. Worked nights in the hotel a few times and had a stint as the spare night manager Then did security.

One day I was sent to another site to cover. did the patrols and that then this over enthusiastic fella who worked there showed me his photo collection of castles. I said that's a nice castle. 'THAT'S NOT A CASTLE IT'S A FORT!' :That told me

After ages of these photos he then said to me it's time get the party started. He then started playing episodes of Sharpe on his laptop.
    Quality. Mind you, Sharpe is ace. It has Sean Bean in it saying things like 'Me mother was a whore and I were born in a brothel'. Doesn't get better than that.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Quality. Mind you, Sharpe is ace. It has Sean Bean in it saying things like 'Me mother was a whore and I were born in a brothel'. Doesn't get better than that.
    So he's basically a white Richard Prior?