Luvvie land reaction

"Is this the promised end
    Or image of that horror?
    Fall, and cease!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Or image of that horror?
    Fall, and cease!"
    Isn't Shakespeare known for never having been closer to Europe than Fleet Street?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Or image of that horror?
    Fall, and cease!"
    This is the real bonus of the outcome. The hand wringing, the faux grieving. It certainly goes some way towards ameliorating their spitefulness towards those forgotten but very real people. Least, I think that's how Farage bracketed them..

I'm afraid the Remain campaign, some at least, started their gloating a little early. If they'd been more gracious when it looked like they'd won maybe the other lot would have been more gracious when they actually did win.

I'm afraid the Remain campaign, some at least, started their gloating a little early. If they'd been more gracious when it looked like they'd won maybe the other lot would have been more gracious when they actually did win.
    I am particularly proud of Leave voters for ignoring the blatant attempts to emotionally blackmail them into voting Remain after the Jo Cox business. I'd been confident before that, but I must admit I thought that might swing it. wd everyone.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.

I thought the Jo Cox murder had swung it. I was wrong. I underestimated the strength of the loathing which had built up against the EU and its leadership. I do think if it hadn't happened though the result would have been even clearer, probably topping 55% for leave.

I thought the Jo Cox murder had swung it. I was wrong. I underestimated the strength of the loathing which had built up against the EU and its leadership. I do think if it hadn't happened though the result would have been even clearer, probably topping 55% for leave.
    I'm not sure. I think the timing was helpful. Leave took a knock immediately afterwards, but just about had time to recover from it.

It occurred to me at the time that this poor woman's sort was actually part of the problem, the issue.

Yes, she was *from* there and everything, but her career suggested she was much more concerned with representing foreigners, in foreign even, than she was bothered about standing up for local people in her constituency.

I'm a long way away from it though, so I could've misread the whole thing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It occurred to me at the time that this poor woman's sort was actually part of the problem, the issue.

Yes, she was *from* there and everything, but her career suggested she was much more concerned with representing foreigners, in foreign even, than she was bothered about standing up for local people in her constituency.

I'm a long way away from it though, so I could've misread the whole thing.
    No. That's about right. If you look at how that sort of area voted, her support for Remain was clearly not in harmony with the feelings of many of her constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. That's about right. If you look at how that sort of area voted, her support for Remain was clearly not in harmony with the feelings of many of her constituents.
    Ah, good.

Stands to reason really. I mean, you don't go to Cambridge just to spend your career chatting to former miner's wives in your home village about the price of eggs, do you.