Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next steps on from Vardy

The Jorge

The next steps on from Vardy

So, with the bruk arm, nicotine addicted dee dar snubbing us we've got a bit of a dilema. We wont get another striker of his quality, whatever you think his quality actually is, for £20m that's for sure. So, with an eye on the future, let's look at who's next.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m
    I like this guy, I really do. He's got everything we could need and at that price and age actually represents decent value.

Alexandre Lacazette - £30m
    A really good player, fast, a decent finisher but not so great with his back to goal and would struggle to be our focal point for sustained periods. Also, historical attitude problems. I'd steer clear.

Alvaro Morata - £55m and rising
    The guy's good, very good, but is he £50m+ good? I'm not too sure. Anyway, it's safe to say he'll be used as a Pogba Pawn by Madrid. I doubt we'll get a look in.

Gonzo Higuain - £72m (possibly reduced to £47 million, if he can negotiate it)
    A Rolls Royce of a player, we shouldve got him when we had the opportunity and I dont think we'll be able to now, or that he'll negotiate that reduced release clause.

PE Aubemayang - £65m (ish)
    Not even sure he wants to leave BvB, and even if he does he'd want to go to Madrid. Safe to say the ship has probably sailed on this one.

Any more CFs of repute?

Take your pick from any forward member of this squad

http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2...043/index.html
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    So, with the bruk arm, nicotine addicted dee dar snubbing us we've got a bit of a dilema. We wont get another striker of his quality, whatever you think his quality actually is, for £20m that's for sure. So, with an eye on the future, let's look at who's next.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m
    I like this guy, I really do. He's got everything we could need and at that price and age actually represents decent value.

A really good player, fast, a decent finisher but not so great with his back to goal and would struggle to be our focal point for sustained periods. Also, historical attitude problems. I'd steer clear.

The guy's good, very good, but is he £50m+ good? I'm not too sure. Anyway, it's safe to say he'll be used as a Pogba Pawn by Madrid. I doubt we'll get a look in.

A Rolls Royce of a player, we shouldve got him when we had the opportunity and I dont think we'll be able to now, or that he'll negotiate that reduced release clause.

Not even sure he wants to leave BvB, and even if he does he'd want to go to Madrid. Safe to say the ship has probably sailed on this one.

Any more CFs of repute?
    Walcott, Theo.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m

Any more CFs of repute?
    Are you leaving out Troy Deeny because he is black, j? Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Are you leaving out Troy Deeny because he is black, j? Are you?
    I know your game you semi German ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Walcott, Theo.
    Wenger has decided he is not up to the job.

Whilst your stoic loyalty is commendable I would urge you to at least try and keep up with the project.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m

Any more CFs of repute?
    Will Grigg - on Fire

Kyle Lafferty - 7 foot, plays the flute.

Conor Washington - used to be a Postman

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Wenger has decided he is not up to the job.

Whilst your stoic loyalty is commendable I would urge you to at least try and keep up with the project.
    M Wenger has told you this, has he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    M Wenger has told you this, has he?
    Yes actually.

And also he has made this very clear to the rest of you in his consistent team selections.

Michy Batshuayi - £30m

Any more CFs of repute?
    I will just casually throw in my now annual suggestion of Karim Benzema.

Pros: He is French and from the very top drawer of footballing furniture.
    Cons: He may not be available.

I suggest we private jet it over there, offer them what they want, point out to them that they have a readymade replacement in Morata and that whatever we are giving them will go some distance into funding their move for Pogba. Then Dick Law should simply slam his hand on the table and shout “BOOM!” in order to accentuate the aforementioned logic, effectively closing the deal.