Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vardy has 'snubbed' us, apparently.

Vardy has 'snubbed' us, apparently.

Or, to put it naother way, chosen to REMAIN at Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's at least 1 vote for remain today then..... good luck to him, our interest has made him a million quid a year better off allegedly
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh bollòcks. I think he's the best striker available at the money we'll pay
    Last edited by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat; 10-23-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Vardy can kiss my arse, frankly.

I think Jan Aage Fjortoft is probably closer to the mark
    Vardy has extended his contract at Leicester. Arsenal-link: - real? - agent trying to get more money? - Arsenal not sure he's good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think Jan Aage Fjortoft is probably closer to the mark
    Vardy has extended his contract at Leicester. Arsenal-link: - real? - agent trying to get more money? - Arsenal not sure he's good enough?
    Thing is, though, why do we always seem to be the fall guys in every transfer window? We've gone from having our best players poached every summer to being the hapless club that fails to sign the big names or is used to bump up players' value. It's irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Thing is, though, why do we always seem to be the fall guys in every transfer window? We've gone from having our best players poached every summer to being the hapless club that fails to sign the big names or is used to bump up players' value. It's irritating.
    happens to every club - happened big-time to United last summer with Ramos for instance and there are a load of other examples. Not sure apart from this and maybe Suarez, that we are any more likely to be the fall guys

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This season it started so well with Xhaka quickly tied up and then the pursuit of Vardy. But that's all changed now and here we still are 2/3 players short of a serious team.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    happens to every club - happened big-time to United last summer with Ramos for instance and there are a load of other examples. Not sure apart from this and maybe Suarez, that we are any more likely to be the fall guys
    I suppose one notices it more when it's one's own club. However, I do sometimes think that our determination not to talk about transfer activities is counter productive in the sense that every agent knows they can link us with their player and we won't deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    This season it started so well with Xhaka quickly tied up and then the pursuit of Vardy. But that's all changed now and here we still are 2/3 players short of a serious team.
    Given the transfer window doesn't actually open for a couple of weeks, I feel you may be being a tad overdramatic