Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things that could have gone better on my trip to Naples last week

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Except Africa's less dangerous. The DRC's a walk in the park compared to Naples.
    Fair point.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had no choice but to get a coach last time I went to Gatwick as the rail line had works on it. It was utter hell. Victoria Coach Station could have been invented by Dante
    Nice Art Deco exterior, though. I used to get a coach to Lyon from there quite often when visiting my ex in St Etienne. A long, long time ago.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nice Art Deco exterior, though. I used to get a coach to Lyon from there quite often when visiting my ex in St Etienne. A long, long time ago.
    Sarah Cracknell?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Sarah Cracknell?
    I remember her explaining how they got their deal by virtue of the fact that they were friends with the bloke who owned the record company. Summed it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    1) Not missing our flight (National Express delayed by 50 minutes. Cost of rebooking on the next flight 6 hours later on the other side of London = £130)
    2) Not staying with the least welcoming and convivial Italian mother ever, whose idea of hospitality was giving me a wide berth every time she saw me and slamming a plate full of fried cheese balls in front of me for dinner, two nights in a row
    3) Not driving two hours in the wrong direction to the beach, on the only sunny day
    4) Not walking to our hire car to drive to the airport only to find it had been towed away and replaced by a street market, with no signs in sight (Cost or reclaiming our car = €150)

Apart form that, great trip.
    A chance to come on Awimb and do a Monty, priceless!
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    A chance to come on Awimb and do a Monty, priceless!
    Granted, it's no accidentally entering into sexy congress with a HeShe

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes - nice building, just ruined inside