Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: As we all suspected, Vardy not coming..

Can I simply say that in respect of the proposed decision of Vardy to not come to Arsenal that I am not in the slightest bit bothered.

That is not a petulant ‘not bothered’ because he had the nerve to turn us down, simply that I am not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'd put it the other way about; if he was staying, he'd have said so from the off.
    Also, the quotes coming from AW sound to me like they're putting him under pressure to hurry up and make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Can I simply say that in respect of the proposed decision of Vardy to not come to Arsenal that I am not in the slightest bit bothered.

That is not a petulant ‘not bothered’ because he had the nerve to turn us down, simply that I am not bothered.
    I feel the same way - wouldn't have minded him coming, quite happy we can look elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Also, the quotes coming from AW sound to me like they're putting him under pressure to hurry up and make a decision
    Wenger's right in this situation. I wouldn't be too happy if we were allowing ourselves to be dicked around by him.
    Other fish to fry and all that..

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I feel the same way - wouldn't have minded him coming, quite happy we can look elsewhere
    I wouldn’t 100% rule it out as being dead just yet, Wenger’s comment is very much in line with how he has always spoken on transfers.

In the summer when every man and child knew that players like Nasri and Fabregas would leave he was always adamant that he “expected” players to stay, the basis of which I assume is that they were under contract. Had he in any way deviated from such a statement he would have stoked the media into an even bigger story.

I do think the boy Vardy has been a bit of a huge **** about the whole thing. Stay/leave, just come clean but then be up front with the media that he will not speak on the topic again until the Euros are over, so next weekend.

More time to think about it, do **** off.

My caveat on the whole issue is that having now admitted that we know there is a need to address the forward area that we 100% now do so. Previous summers have seen us enter the water and then run back out again. By looking at Vardy he has told the world that he is not completely happy with Giroud as his primary option, to not now have plan B options to act on would be unacceptable.

My caveat on the whole issue is that having now admitted that we know there is a need to address the forward area that we 100% now do so. Previous summers have seen us enter the water and then run back out again. By looking at Vardy he has told the world that he is not completely happy with Giroud as his primary option, to not now have plan B options to act on would be unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

I agree, i would say with 99% probability that we will sign a striker this summer with the aim that he will be no.1 choice at the start of the season.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    My caveat on the whole issue is that having now admitted that we know there is a need to address the forward area that we 100% now do so. Previous summers have seen us enter the water and then run back out again. By looking at Vardy he has told the world that he is not completely happy with Giroud as his primary option, to not now have plan B options to act on would be unacceptable.
    I agree, i would say with 99% probability that we will sign a striker this summer with the aim that he will be no.1 choice at the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

Either Vards or a fifty million quid one, do you mean?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Ditto, I was struggling to word it correctly, so I'll just go with what you said

Yes!

Either Vards or a fifty million quid one, do you mean?[/QUOTE]
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I wouldn’t 100% rule it out as being dead just yet, Wenger’s comment is very much in line with how he has always spoken on transfers.

In the summer when every man and child knew that players like Nasri and Fabregas would leave he was always adamant that he “expected” players to stay, the basis of which I assume is that they were under contract. Had he in any way deviated from such a statement he would have stoked the media into an even bigger story.

I do think the boy Vardy has been a bit of a huge **** about the whole thing. Stay/leave, just come clean but then be up front with the media that he will not speak on the topic again until the Euros are over, so next weekend.

More time to think about it, do **** off.

I really do think he will be a disaster if he comes here. Arsenal do not play in a way that would help him thrive. Giroud can have a good season with us if he hits some form. He brings others into the game very well and has a good touch for a big man. Vardy's touch/passing is ****e.