Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must say I am very surprised by this Vardy business.

I must say I am very surprised by this Vardy business.

His age, his fee, his all round one season-ness. All strikes me as most peculiar for our manager to be behaving in this manner.

Added to all the above I suppose I am simply also just not really all that totally convinced by him. Yes I know the whole 20+ goals and all that last season.

I expect and indeed know he will of course score goals for but then again any half decent professional footballer in the centre forward role should score lots of goals in a team so festooned with creative talent such as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    His age, his fee, his all round one season-ness. All strikes me as most peculiar for our manager to be behaving in this manner.

Added to all the above I suppose I am simply also just not really all that totally convinced by him. Yes I know the whole 20+ goals and all that last season.

I expect and indeed know he will of course score goals for but then again any half decent professional footballer in the centre forward role should score lots of goals in a team so festooned with creative talent such as ours.
    Not sure we had as much creative talant available as we'd have liked last season. With Cazorla out, Wilshere out, Alexis out & knackered, Ramsay not in possession of his mojo ... too reliant on Mezut really.

I'm kind of with the idea that Vardy is what AW hoped Walcott would be.

I agree. It is so atypical of him that it suggests to me that AW may have had it imposed on him as he will go at the end of his contract. :tinfoilhat:

Wengers last season so he doesent care about players age or saving money this year imo..hes going to manage it like he stole it imo

If Walcott had some of Vardy's fire, he might have been decent.
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 06-06-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

That is the fear....the one seasonness of it all. Plus he is a grade A ****.

However, if he was to have a couple more good seasons in him, it might not be a bad gamble.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

He's certainly taking his time to decide on the benefits of Arsenal over Leicester. What is there to decide? He's clearly a wrong'un.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    He's certainly taking his time to decide on the benefits of Arsenal over Leicester. What is there to decide? He's clearly a wrong'un.
    A couple of seasons back, the little **** was playing for Fleetwood for 100 quid a game.. This isn't about loyalty to Lester. He knows that was a one season miracle.
    He's 29 and only has one major move in him. His **** of an agent has told him to hold his nerve and play the game in order to see who else they can flush out and start a proper auction...

:****s:

I actually think Walcott do the same job, if he could stay fit and get a proper run of games in

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I actually think Walcott do the same job, if he could stay fit and get a proper run of games in
    Mmmm, TJ with his tenacious, non-stop commitment and do or die nature to score goals.

Wait, what?