Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whilst Sir C is correct in that Vardy

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by sir c View Post
    there's no need to shout! I'm not deaf, you know.

Pardon?
    about quarter past!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    about quarter past!
    It's a bit windy out

Although, what the agent wants isn't always exactly how the player feels. Well, not until he's had a load of cash waved under his nose. Getting turned down by Vardy at this point, would be like a rejection from a 5 pint munter, when you're the only chap left in the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Although, what the agent wants isn't always exactly how the player feels. Well, not until he's had a load of cash waved under his nose. Getting turned down by Vardy at this point, would be like a rejection from a 5 pint munter, when you're the only chap left in the bar.
    This assumes that the lady in question you describe so disparagingly is out in search of rumpy pumpy, and not just out for a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    One of the first dances I went to I spent all evening getting drunk trying to muster up courage to ask the ugliest girl in the disco to dance with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hopefully this one can read properly
    I thought the Suarez release clause was anything over £40M. I thought I heard whatshisface from the Boston Red Socks say that they were worried as the we had activated the release clause?

Did we somehow get this wrong?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I thought the Suarez release clause was anything over £40M. I thought I heard whatshisface from the Boston Red Socks say that they were worried as the we had activated the release clause?

Did we somehow get this wrong?
    Arsenal did nothing wrong, as the release clause was anything over £40m. The Liverpool owner lied about it to make Arsenal look stupid and then bragged about lying about it but never got widely called out on it, it seems, as many people still don't seem to know what happened.

Crucially, the player could have asserted the buyout clause if he'd wanted to but didn't as he wanted to go to Barcelona instead. So it was just Suarez's decision really, not Arsenal's mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Arsenal did nothing wrong, as the release clause was anything over £40m. The Liverpool owner lied about it to make Arsenal look stupid and then bragged about lying about it but never got widely called out on it, it seems, as many people still don't seem to know what happened.

Crucially, the player could have asserted the buyout clause if he'd wanted to but didn't as he wanted to go to Barcelona instead. So it was just Suarez's decision really, not Arsenal's mistake.
    An excellent summation of events. The Suarez incident failed simply because the player did not want the move.

Suarez wanted out. They probably lied to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Suarez wanted out. They probably lied to him too.
    Yes, he wanted out, but he did not want to join Arsenal (or perhaps any other club in England).