Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There are people to whom I am connected on Facebook (yes, I know...)

There are people to whom I am connected on Facebook (yes, I know...)

who are, to put it delicately, of a different age and, well, class, I suppose. They post pictures of St George, and quotes from Churchill, and holler and demand Brexit NOW! for ****'s sake, before all the immigrants kill us in our beds.

I understand their concerns and excuse their inability to express these worries in anything other than a bovine grunt, for they are common people, but what confuses me most is that, despite their enormous love for this country, the ****s have ****ed off and live in Spain.

Truly. Hoi polloi is a frighteningly illogical beast.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    who are, to put it delicately, of a different age and, well, class, I suppose. They post pictures of St George, and quotes from Churchill, and holler and demand Brexit NOW! for ****'s sake, before all the immigrants kill us in our beds.

I understand their concerns and excuse their inability to express these worries in anything other than a bovine grunt, for they are common people, but what confuses me most is that, despite their enormous love for this country, the ****s have ****ed off and live in Spain.

Here, mon frere, we can find some common ground

I have a whole bunch who bang on about Junior Doctors, new housing legislation, and MP's expenses (never any labour MP however)

They are all relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Here, mon frere, we can find some common ground
    Je crois qu'on ne peut pas; je ne ris pas de leur patriotisme, je les deteste pour leur stupidite.

The Jorge
    Je crois qu'on ne peut pas; je ne ris pas de leur patriotisme, je les deteste pour leur stupidite.
    Erm, game of two halves?

Seriously though, there's no greater stupidity than patriotism, I think George Carlin said it best.

“Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or obtain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill... it's a ****ing genetic accident. You wouldn't say I'm proud to be 5'11"; I'm proud to have a pre-disposition for colon cancer.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Erm, game of two halves?

Seriously though, there's no greater stupidity than patriotism, I think George Carlin said it best.

“Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or obtain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill... it's a ****ing genetic accident. You wouldn't say I'm proud to be 5'11"; I'm proud to have a pre-disposition for colon cancer.”
    You're not helping your argument by quoting some dead bloke who was neither funny nor wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have a whole bunch who bang on about Junior Doctors, new housing legislation, and MP's expenses (never any labour MP however)

They are all relatives.
    Oh I often see Ian Harvey virtue signalling like a man on a desert island who's spotted a ****ing boat on the horizon.

I can't be arsed to get involved.

The Jorge
    You're not helping your argument by quoting some dead bloke who was neither funny nor wise.
    The man was a flat out genius, C

Mais on pourrait dire qu'il est courageux d'argumenter contre leurs propres intérêts comme ca....

...Non. C'est stupide.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mais on pourrait dire qu'il est courageux d'argumenter contre leurs propres intérêts comme ca....

...Non. C'est stupide.
    Oui, ils vont vendre leurs maisons pour 15,000 euros, pour retourner en Angleterre et... quoi? Prendre une maison de council, peat-etre?