Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was going to vote reamin but

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    When it comes to the crunch, most of the undecided's will vote remain. Ironically because that's the British way
    I wish I were that optimistic. I tend to imagine a scenario where it's a bit rainy, people will want to get home and watch the football and the only people who will be bothered to vote will be the swivel-eyed nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    1. Those things are the benefits of the economic co-operation and it does seem pretty widely accepted that, when you factor that sort of stuff in, that we more than come out up on the deal. I dont get what people focussed on the whole "we're a net contributor!!" argument want, should we be paid to take part in this project?

2. It's not my stat and, actually, the studies that comes from doesnt ignore the pressure migration places on infrastructure like schools and GPs because it factored those into the argument.
    1/ Well given that so many countries are effectively paid to take part in this project, why not? We are the second biggest net contributor, but take much less out than does France? How come? How is that fair or right?

In 2013 we put in €10.8bn more than we took out - this, incidentally, from a country that you and other Eurofanboys like to claim is half-hearted in its contribution to Europe. Well the numbers say different.

2/ As to your studies, I'd love to know how they've calculated what those migrants and their impact on infrastructure are likely to cost us over the next 25 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    When it comes to the crunch, most of the undecided's will vote remain. Ironically because that's the British way

Sadly, that's probably true. However, none of it's going to make the issue go away anytime soon.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    1/ Well given that so many countries are effectively paid to take part in this project, why not? We are the second biggest net contributor, but take much less out than does France? How come? How is that fair or right?

In 2013 we put in €10.8bn more than we took out - this, incidentally, from a country that you and other Eurofanboys like to claim is half-hearted in its contribution to Europe. Well the numbers say different.

2/ As to your studies, I'd love to know how they've calculated what those migrants and their impact on infrastructure are likely to cost us over the next 25 years or so.
    And that 10.8bn pales into insignificance alongside the value of the EU to the Uk economy, which is thought to be around £60-£80bn, so by any measure we're still £50bn up.

I know we might differ on our views on immigration but you really have to start to wonder when an immigrant ceases to be one, dont you? Given that even the first generation ones are estimated to be less of a burden on the state than indigenous people you'd have to assume that in future generations that would they be likely to be even less so than UK nationals born here.

I wish I were that optimistic. I tend to imagine a scenario where it's a bit rainy, people will want to get home and watch the football and the only people who will be bothered to vote will be the swivel-eyed nutjobs.
    Yeah, there's no point breaking sweat to vote for the status quo, I suppose. Living on an island and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, there's no point breaking sweat to vote for the status quo, I suppose. Living on an island and a' that.
    Nah, I'm just done with being at all optimistic about the electoral acumen of the british public.

Nah, I'm just done with being at all optimistic about the electoral acumen of the british public.
    And it's about time too, if I may say so. Not giving a stuff about such matters is the whole point of being an honest individual living in a decent country. You're supposed to have better things to get excited about.

And what about my Status Quo quip
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

2m young, skilled, fit and statistically less likely to claim benefits or burden the NHS people working here and paying taxes vs 3m pensioners doing the opposite abroad. European Objective One and Two funding, EU Social funds, the Erasmus programme for universities, workers rights, civil rights, London being europe's default financial capital, I could go on.
    Perhaps go on to extol the joys TTIP: Privatisation of the NHS, more power handed back to bankers, US Companies sueing Yerp governments for loss of their profits, job losses to the US where worker protection is lower, attacks on privacy - and nothing the electorate can do about it because, well, the electorate can **** right off because the EU is a dictatorship of an unelected elite who decide everything for us.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And it's about time too, if I may say so. Not giving a stuff about such matters is the whole point of being an honest individual living in a decent country. You're supposed to have better things to get excited about.

And what about my Status Quo quip
    I like it......I like it, I like it, I like it I la la la like it

Do you find that referring to anyone who disagrees with you as, 'swivel-eyed', or 'mouthbreathers', does much to persuade people of the validity of your argument?