In this place its just emails from our sales and marketing team, tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In or out, there should always be room for more Eastern European women imo
    Don't fancy yours much, j.

olga.jpg

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That you get back from it. #trough #gravytrain
    Are you honestly suggesting I'm minting it because I've done a couple of pretty small design jobs for a firm in Brussels?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What are these things of which you speak?
    2m young, skilled, fit and statistically less likely to claim benefits or burden the NHS people working here and paying taxes vs 3m pensioners doing the opposite abroad. European Objective One and Two funding, EU Social funds, the Erasmus programme for universities, workers rights, civil rights, London being europe's default financial capital, I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    2m young, skilled, fit and statistically less likely to claim benefits or burden the NHS people working here and paying taxes vs 3m pensioners doing the opposite abroad. European Objective One and Two funding, EU Social funds, the Erasmus programme for universities, workers rights, civil rights, London being europe's default financial capital, I could go on.
    These 2m are people are by no stretch of the imagination all skilled or fit.

Funding is irrelevant, we are net contributors.

We had workers' rights and civil rights before 1974.

Are you suggesting that banking is a good and useful industry? I must bookmark this thread.

I was pretty much undecided about this referendum, but thanks to your carefully reasoned argument, I have definitely decided to vote 'Out'. Thanks, j.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    These 2m are people are by no stretch of the imagination all skilled or fit.

Funding is irrelevant, we are net contributors.

We had workers' rights and civil rights before 1974.

Are you suggesting that banking is a good and useful industry? I must bookmark this thread.

I was pretty much undecided about this referendum, but thanks to your carefully reasoned argument, I have definitely decided to vote 'Out'. Thanks, j.
    "Funding is irrelevant, we are net contributors." Are you really saying you're purposefully ignoring all of the subsequent benefits on the basis that we're net contributors?

The LSE and the IFS have both released studies confirming that EU migrants are less likely to claim state benefits and that EU immigration provides a net benefit to the Uk.

On the banking point, I think having bailed the *******s to the tune of £850bn we're probably better off not having all of the financial sector pack up and move elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    "Funding is irrelevant, we are net contributors." Are you really saying you're purposefully ignoring all of the subsequent benefits on the basis that we're net contributors?

The LSE and the IFS have both released studies confirming that EU migrants are less likely to claim state benefits and that EU immigration provides a net benefit to the Uk.

On the banking point, I think having bailed the *******s to the tune of £850bn we're probably better off not having all of the financial sector pack up and move elsewhere.
    Couple of things:

1/ Any benefits we receive from the EU we have already paid for and more, so those benefits are not some favours the EU does us - they are things we have bought.

2/ Your stat on EU migrants is such a short-term measure as to be meaningless given that it ignores the pressures such migration places on our society and infrastructure both now and in the future as they have children, etc, etc. It also ignores the fact that these migrants are going to get old one day, at which point we are going to be paying for them as well.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Couple of things:

1/ Any benefits we receive from the EU we have already paid for and more, so those benefits are not some favours the EU does us - they are things we have bought.

2/ Your stat on EU migrants is such a short-term measure as to be meaningless given that it ignores the pressures such migration places on our society and infrastructure both now and in the future as they have children, etc, etc. It also ignores the fact that these migrants are going to get old one day, at which point we are going to be paying for them as well.
    1. Those things are the benefits of the economic co-operation and it does seem pretty widely accepted that, when you factor that sort of stuff in, that we more than come out up on the deal. I dont get what people focussed on the whole "we're a net contributor!!" argument want, should we be paid to take part in this project?

2. It's not my stat and, actually, the studies that comes from doesnt ignore the pressure migration places on infrastructure like schools and GPs because it factored those into the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Gooner View Post
    When it comes to the crunch, most of the undecided's will vote remain. Ironically because that's the British way

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    When it comes to the crunch, most of the undecided's will vote remain. Ironically because that's the British way
    I wasn't going to vote but now i'm voting out. GET BRITAIN OUT OF EUROPE!!