Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 odd years ago a thieving ******* of a glazer stole a 50 quid note

20 odd years ago a thieving ******* of a glazer stole a 50 quid note

I had left on the window-sill the day he came to fit my new double glazing windows.Now,remember 50 quid years ago would be worth about 52 quid these days and boy did I accuse/curse and vilify the stinking ****.All of which he denied of course.
    Skip forward to this morning when my new glazer was fitting new windows and found said 50 tucked in between the window frame and the wall.
    Mea culpa awimb mea culpa

It must be one of those old A4 sized ones, when money was proper imo.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I had left on the window-sill the day he came to fit my new double glazing windows.Now,remember 50 quid years ago would be worth about 52 quid these days and boy did I accuse/curse and vilify the stinking ****.All of which he denied of course.
    Skip forward to this morning when my new glazer was fitting new windows and found said 50 tucked in between the window frame and the wall.
    How terribly sad
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    It must be one of those old A4 sized ones, when money was proper imo.
    I'm going to send the young fella down to shop for a Magnum to see if it's still even legal tender

The Jorge
    I'm going to send the young fella down to shop for a Magnum to see if it's still even legal tender
    Ask a Scotch, they're always very up on what is legal tender. On account of their lifelong battle to convince people Scotch Pounds are the same as sterling.

Lend us a nifty c. I'm waiting on a postal order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lend us a nifty c. I'm waiting on a postal order.
    Alas it is straight into the Orient Express fund....only 6950 to go

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Ask a Scotch, they're always very up on what is legal tender. On account of their lifelong battle to convince people Scotch Pounds are the same as sterling.
    Used to get this **** when returning to North London after the celebration of Xmas in the mother land. No **** would touch the old NI sterling notes.

Alas it is straight into the Orient Express fund....only 6950 to go
    There might be more tucked away somewhere.

Have you checked the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Used to get this **** when returning to North London after the celebration of Xmas in the mother land. No **** would touch the old NI sterling notes.
    Paid for a brew in the old Gunners Cafe with a Northern Bank tenner not but 3 weeks ago.Someone must have sent a circular around