Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have some lovely Italian sweet sausages for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I'm off here tonight for the GLW's birthday http://stockdales-restaurant.com/our-menu/
    Hmmm. Toss-up between the turbot and the short rib suet pudding for me.

Not that I'm invited, I don't suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can anyone think of anything better to do with them than cook them with peppers and onions and pop them on to a piece of griddled ciabatta? It's lovely, but it's what I always end up doing with them.
    How about skinning them, then breaking them into small chunks ?
    Brown the off in olive oil, sizzle them in a glass of white wine.
    Throw in some grain mustard with some chilli flakes and about 200ml of double cream and some torn up basil leaves.

Toss it all together with some penne pasta you knocked up at the same time as browning the swags..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    How about skinning them, then breaking them into small chunks ?
    Brown the off in olive oil, sizzle them in a glass of white wine.
    Throw in some grain mustard with some chilli flakes and about 200ml of double cream and some torn up basil leaves.

Toss it all together with some penne pasta you knocked up at the same time as browning the swags..
    Good shout. I do a similar thing with sausages, porcini, tomatoes, chilli and cream. I tend to use orecchiette, though.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-26-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Hmmm. Toss-up between the turbot and the short rib suet pudding for me.

Not that I'm invited, I don't suppose.
    If you would like to attend you would be most welcome....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

If you would like to attend you would be most welcome....
    That's awfully kind of you. And if you're paying I'll start with the lobster thermidor

The Jorge
    Beans. They always seem like a good plan, but they always end up just feeling like what they are - a means of bulking out proper food.
    I've come round to the bean, sort of put off of the whole pulse family by the pious ones like lentils and mongs

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I've come round to the bean, sort of put off of the whole pulse family by the pious ones like lentils and mongs
    You see I like a lentil. It adds a nice texture to things like soups and curries and a good dhal is a great thing. Not sure about the French green jobs, though.

Don't get me wrong: I like a bean, I just find that they can become wearing in large quantities.

Who can possibly fail to like a dhansak?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Who can possibly fail to like a dhansak?
    Yeah. I always tell myself I'm not going to have a dhansak whenever we get a takeaway curry, but I always do. The only question is chicken or lamb.

I'm off here tonight for the GLW's birthday http://stockdales-restaurant.com/our-menu/
    Shrimp to start, hold the potatoes. Suet pud for main. Dark chocolate parfait to finish.

Job done.