Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have some lovely Italian sweet sausages for dinner.

I have some lovely Italian sweet sausages for dinner.

Can anyone think of anything better to do with them than cook them with peppers and onions and pop them on to a piece of griddled ciabatta? It's lovely, but it's what I always end up doing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can anyone think of anything better to do with them than cook them with peppers and onions and pop them on to a piece of griddled ciabatta? It's lovely, but it's what I always end up doing with them.
    Arabs, perhaps? To be honest, I prefer your first idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Arabs, perhaps? To be honest, I prefer your first idea.
    A ragu, is what I typed.

A stew of sorts with beans, borlotti or other. Bung in your garlic, rosemary and whatever you have spare to sauce it up a little. Some dried chillies perhaps.

Some red wine, just a splash mind you then you are duty bound to neck the rest.

Then be sure to refer to it as a ‘rustic’ stew, again I think this is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A stew of sorts with beans, borlotti or other. Bung in your garlic, rosemary and whatever you have spare to sauce it up a little. Some dried chillies perhaps.

Then be sure to refer to it as a ‘rustic’ stew, again I think this is mandatory.
    It's a nice idea, but might be a touch too hearty. It's actually rather warm here today and beans and stuff might sit on the stomach somewhat. Lovely idea for colder weather, though.

You can tell it's warm as i am forswearing the use of potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A ragu, is what I typed.

I was wondering. I don't think the arabs would be keen on pork sausages

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I have a chorizo bean stew for later, similar scenario.

MmmmmMmmMmmMmmm that's some good eatin'

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

A culinary staple chez moi. I applaud you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

Beans. They always seem like a good plan, but they always end up just feeling like what they are - a means of bulking out proper food.

I'm off here tonight for the GLW's birthday http://stockdales-restaurant.com/our-menu/
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar