Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 27 Years Ago Today

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This 'ere machine most definitely makes better coffee than yer basic filter job. There, I've said it.
    So the DELONGHI Dedica EC680R it is. Thank-you mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So the DELONGHI Dedica EC680R it is. Thank-you mostly.
    You're welcome to swing by and give it a trial before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    That's a point, no man with a £300 coffee machine can rightfully call himself a failure.

It's worth getting for that reason alone.
    Some exaggeration may have been involved. I've just got the 'ump a bit after solving a problem in a few hours for the FD that he'd been stuck on for a year. He'd built a report in Excel that involved a tortuous tangle of nested IFs that he'd got into a pickle with. If you've ever seen a 500 character long nested IF formula you'll know that they are pretty much the definition of impenetrability.

So I painstakingly unpicked it by converting it to pseudo-code so I could visualise the logic, spot the errors, and rewrote the formulas and extended them to cover the more cases that he wanted and so on blah blah.

Instead of feeling smug about this I'm pissed off because he didn't think to ask me for help on this a year ago because he didn't think I was capable. Only he could do it, he thought. Or not. He and other directors don't have a clue how I facilitate hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of business for them with my data wrangling skillz, which they then spend on their exorbitant salaries and their failed strategic vision while turning round and demanding of US, THE WORKERS, who are paid ****-all in comparison, to make them even more money to piss up the wall.

As if the monstrous amounts they pay themselves wasn't enough, some even have expensive lunches on the tab EVERY DAY, while we don't even get so much as a coffee machine. I have have become a tea drinker at work in the last year because of this.

So I am feeling overlooked, taken for granted and exploited by capitalists right now, and my evident failure to properly sell myself properly to these bozos is taking its toll. The guy has known me for four years and thinks I can't write ****ing Excel formula? How does he think I do all the stuff that goes into the board pack every ****ing week and month? Seriously?

:rant: :explode:

Oh, and I was planning on the GLF to buy me the coffee machine for my 'special' :gulp: birthday this year. She earns probably around three times what I do and the glittering success of her career tends to reinforce the rusty disappointment of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're welcome to swing by and give it a trial before committing.
    That is very kind, thank-you.

The Jorge
    Some exaggeration may have been involved. I've just got the 'ump a bit after solving a problem in a few hours for the FD that he'd been stuck on for a year. He'd built a report in Excel that involved a tortuous tangle of nested IFs that he'd got into a pickle with. If you've ever seen a 500 character long nested IF formula you'll know that they are pretty much the definition of impenetrability.

So I painstakingly unpicked it by converting it to pseudo-code so I could visualise the logic, spot the errors, and rewrote the formulas and extended them to cover the more cases that he wanted and so on blah blah.

Instead of feeling smug about this I'm pissed off because he didn't think to ask me for help on this a year ago because he didn't think I was capable. Only he could do it, he thought. Or not. He and other directors don't have a clue how I facilitate hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of business for them with my data wrangling skillz, which they then spend on their exorbitant salaries and their failed strategic vision while turning round and demanding of US, THE WORKERS, who are paid ****-all in comparison, to make them even more money to piss up the wall.

As if the monstrous amounts they pay themselves wasn't enough, some even have expensive lunches on the tab EVERY DAY, while we don't even get so much as a coffee machine. I have have become a tea drinker at work in the last year because of this.

So I am feeling overlooked, taken for granted and exploited by capitalists right now, and my evident failure to properly sell myself properly to these bozos is taking its toll. The guy has known me for four years and thinks I can't write ****ing Excel formula? How does he think I do all the stuff that goes into the board pack every ****ing week and month? Seriously?

Oh, and I was planning on the GLF to buy me the coffee machine for my 'special' :gulp: birthday this year. She earns probably around three times what I do and the glittering success of her career tends to reinforce the rusty disappointment of mine.
    I get you there, that's why I exploded and left gainful employ in a huff.

Uncle Karl said that you must sieze the means of production, you could build a new Eden in your own image.

A singular piece of advice A
    When all other trusts fail,turn to Flashman

There is only one thing for it then

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    A singular piece of advice A
    When all other trusts fail,turn to Flashman
    looooooooooooooooooooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."