Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 27 Years Ago Today

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Eh? No, I didn't go to the game. I'm talking about them coming back with the trophy.
    Ahhh, my fault... helps if I read all of your post :tosser: (me, not you)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My memories of that Friday evening are remarkably vivid. I can taste it. Oddly, I watched the game alone, and at the end it all felt unreal; without human contact in the room, I didn't really know whether I was dreaming.
    I watched it in the bar of Wadham College in Oxford, while visiting my girlfriend of the time. They were lean times in many ways and we would often dine on cheese sandwiches and Happy Shopper instant coffee, but I too, back then, had dreams, ideals and ambitions. Now of course there is just failure, ruin and despair. On the upside though I do at least drink better coffee. And there is ham in the sandwiches as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I watched it in the bar of Wadham College in Oxford, while visiting my girlfriend of the time. They were lean times in many ways and we would often dine on cheese sandwiches and Happy Shopper instant coffee, but I too, back then, had dreams, ideals and ambitions. Now of course there is just failure, ruin and despair. On the upside though I do at least drink better coffee. And there is ham in the sandwiches as well.
    Did you decide on your new coffee machine?

The Jorge
    Oh ash, that's heart breaking man.

It was my first full season as an arsenal fan after my dad had, ummmmm, returned from being 'away on business' for a few years. Life literally couldnt get any better, and in many ways it never did.

The Jorge
    That's a point, no man with a £300 coffee machine can rightfully call himself a failure.

It's worth getting for that reason alone.

That's a late finish to a season, can't for the life of me remember why now...

Anyway, 19 years ago today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjgYc71QMtY
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

No, but I did value your input greatly, and were I to decide your suggestion would carry much weight. I must admit to being slightly put off by our Bradford chum there, who said "vey aint worf it" and others who said similar.

Can you stand up straight, look me in the eye and say "This 'ere machine most definitely makes better coffee than yer basic filter job"? Also, does it do americanos? I prefer the longer coffee to the shot.

Bag of cans and up to Avenell Road. Quite classy.

Was the night I proposed. Was on a canal boat at Stoke Bruerne. Now 26 years married

No, but I did value your input greatly, and were I to decide your suggestion would carry much weight. I must admit to being slightly put off by our Bradford chum there, who said "vey aint worf it" and others who said similar.

Can you stand up straight, look me in the eye and say "This 'ere machine most definitely makes better coffee than yer basic filter job"? Also, does it do americanos? I prefer the longer coffee to the shot.
    This 'ere machine most definitely makes better coffee than yer basic filter job. There, I've said it.

You can programme the machine to deliver your favoured quantity of coffee per shot of grounds.

I have one button programmed to deliver me a rich, deep espresso, and the other programmed to deliver a long, filter-strength coffee as favoured by you, berni and my glw.