Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 27 Years Ago Today

The Jorge

27 Years Ago Today

When football was football etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

Oh, **** off with your 27 years. Depressing ****er.

****ing Hell. 27 years ago.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post

Yes, I was young then, young and strong and filled with ambitions and ideals.

Now there is only decay, and the yearning for the warm, damp welcome of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I was young then, young and strong and filled with ambitions and ideals.

Now there is only decay, and the yearning for the warm, damp welcome of the earth.
    I was nearly 16. I went with my Friend Mark Coughlin to gather outside Islington Town Hall (little realising, of course, that it would be where I'd get married 25 years later) to see the trophy paraded. Afterwards we went back by Tube to Victoria, bought a four-pack of cold Miller Lite (?) and drank them under a tree in the glorious sunshine of St James' Park.

Funny how some inconsequential moments remain so vivid that you could reach out and touch them, while others just vanish, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was nearly 16. I went with my Friend Mark Coughlin to gather outside Islington Town Hall (little realising, of course, that it would be where I'd get married 25 years later) to see the trophy paraded. Afterwards we went back by Tube to Victoria, bought a four-pack of cold Miller Lite (?) and drank them under a tree in the glorious sunshine of St James' Park.

Funny how some inconsequential moments remain so vivid that you could reach out and touch them, while others just vanish, isn't it?
    My memories of that Friday evening are remarkably vivid. I can taste it. Oddly, I watched the game alone, and at the end it all felt unreal; without human contact in the room, I didn't really know whether I was dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My memories of that Friday evening are remarkably vivid. I can taste it. Oddly, I watched the game alone, and at the end it all felt unreal; without human contact in the room, I didn't really know whether I was dreaming.
    I think it being on a Friday made it feel all the more unreal. Football doesn't belong on Friday nights, does it?

I think it being on a Friday made it feel all the more unreal. Football doesn't belong on Friday nights, does it?
    It was alright when we stuffed Leeds.

Glorious sunshine?????? You left at 1/2 time then?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Glorious sunshine?????? You left at 1/2 time then?
    Eh? No, I didn't go to the game. I'm talking about them coming back with the trophy.