Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was watching a show last night about folks on benefits.

I was watching a show last night about folks on benefits.

There was a single mum complaining she could not afford the £40 medical certificate she needed in order to join the army which would mean she would stop claiming benefits.

She requested the job centre pay this £40 and they refused unless she had a letter from the army offering her a position.

She and her family started complaining about how ridiculous this was and it would save the tax payer money in the long run to get this £40. There was absolutely no other way to get £40 according to her.

Now looking at all this family and the other subjects that were on it. They all complained about not having enough money to live or to pay for food.
    Yet they all have the latest iPhones and all seem to smoke. If you want to join the army so bad sell your phone or pack in the fags for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    If you want to join the army, sell your phone or pack in the fags for a few days.
    Decent recruitment campaign slogan that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Are these programmes not,you know,very ****? I wouldn't begin to contemplate watching 30 seconds of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Decent recruitment campaign slogan that.

'oooh I don't have enough money to top up the gas meter, me kid is freezing,'
    Maybe you could stop smoking mummy? 'I don't feel like it right now'

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Are these programmes not,you know,very ****? I wouldn't begin to contemplate watching 30 seconds of these things.
    Well of course they got the reaction from me there were looking for.