Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lankans didn't last very long. We only gave them 2 tests when the sides were

The Lankans didn't last very long. We only gave them 2 tests when the sides were

evenly matched and they had greats like Sanga and Mahela to draw in the crowds. But now they're in trouble they get 3 tests.

It must be rough for visiting teams to have to deal with our pace attack in May at Headingley with cloud cover.

That would have been over in 2 days if we hadn't had the weather interruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    evenly matched and they had greats like Sanga and Mahela to draw in the crowds. But now they're in trouble they get 3 tests.

It must be rough for visiting teams to have to deal with our pace attack in May at Headingley with cloud cover.

That would have been over in 2 days if we hadn't had the weather interruptions.
    Agnew did a good piece on this on the Beeb site. Basically said it was a bit of a farce and if they are to keep these early season tests they should be played in London. I don't mind though
    Think this was the piece
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/36353294

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Agnew did a good piece on this on the Beeb site. Basically said it was a bit of a farce and if they are to keep these early season tests they should be played in London. I don't mind though
    Think this was the piece
    I am claiming an assist after stating JA had a terrible record at Headingley
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Think this was the piece
    Yeah, those were cheap wickets for Anderson. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but those poor ****ers were like rabbits in the headlights and the ball was booming all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I am claiming an assist after stating JA had a terrible record at Headingley
    I remember that as I watched him loop the ball around corners. About ****ing time you could say

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, those were cheap wickets for Anderson. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but those poor ****ers were like rabbits in the headlights and the ball was booming all over the place.
    Indeed - the lad who was making his debut, getting a delivery like that first ball. tbf most teams these days would struggle in those conditions, sadly

Indeed - the lad who was making his debut, getting a delivery like that first ball. tbf most teams these days would struggle in those conditions, sadly
    Yes. Sadly, batsmen now seem to regard the concept of the bowlers having the upper hand as a form of cheating. I do wonder how long it will be before the subcontinental sides just give up playing test matches away from home altogether on the grounds that it's just too hard.

Home advantage, imo. **** 'em.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Sadly, batsmen now seem to regard the concept of the bowlers having the upper hand as a form of cheating. I do wonder how long it will be before the subcontinental sides just give up playing test matches away from home altogether on the grounds that it's just too hard.
    Looking at india's batting in recent home Test matches, I would say they have given up Test cricket already

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Home advantage, imo. **** 'em.
    Hardly cricket, r