Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh. We enforced the follow-on before AWIMB had a chance to discuss it at length.

Oh. We enforced the follow-on before AWIMB had a chance to discuss it at length.

It's simply not cricket
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's simply not cricket
    What's a follow on?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    What's a follow on?
    I think it's not what you think it is, at any rate
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Jorge
    I think it's not what you think it is, at any rate
    I wasnt being dirty, reg. Though now I'm imagining some sort of fruity Lucky Pierre scenario.

I wasnt being dirty, reg. Though now I'm imagining some sort of fruity Lucky Pierre scenario.
    Oh, right

Well, it's when the team that bats second is forced to take its second batting innings immediately after its first, because they didn't get close enough to the score achieved by the first team batting in the first innings. The team that batted first can choose whether to enforce this rule or not as they wish, usually with and eye on the weather conditions and the state of fitness of their bowlers.

The Jorge
    Oh, right

Well, it's when the team that bats second is forced to take its second batting innings immediately after its first, because they didn't get close enough to the score achieved by the first team batting in the first innings. The team that batted first can choose whether to enforce this rule or not as they wish, usually with and eye on the weather conditions and the state of fitness of their bowlers.
    It really is no suprise at all that the whole silly business never really caught on, is it?

It really is no suprise at all that the whole silly business never really caught on, is it?
    http://www.topendsports.com/world/li...sport/fans.htm
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

It's the period of time from when Giroud misses a chance, to when he's actually ready to get on with the rest of the match.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    India distortion imo

India distortion imo
    Such. A. Racist.