Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Klopp and liverpool past their peak

Klopp and liverpool past their peak

lets be honest liverpool are average pressing team only finished 8th in the league and relied on dortmund **** up to get to europa league final.

Klopp is past his peak even though still decent cup manager. lost five cup finals but he has no clue about defending in major finals as was shown in german cup final last year where dortmund were shocking vs wolfsburg.

He for me is motivatior but not the smart tactical thinker he was at dortmund in early days. as year gone on he been exposed and that shown with dortmund awful peformance in league last season and liverpool poor leage peformance

yes this liverpool team is rodgers mess of 100 million of a squard but what has klopp done to real change things. he given them some decent cup runs but lets be honest their as bad at the back as rodgers are and form in league been average at best.

their still a selling club and will struggle to win big trophies in next 10 to 20 years. for me they have become a feeder club and are living on past glorties. They still think their a big club but their long not been that in my eyes. big clubs are us, man city and chelsea. and maybe united . the rest in premiership are small time.

liverpool have not one decent defender and you win nothing without a defence. simple as that

sevilla a decent team but doubt their do much in champions league as they never keep their best players. said everything about quality of europa league that it was between 8th from the premiership and 7th from la liga

Klopp won,t be at liverpool in five years. he manager a average german team in a few years
    liverpool meanwhile will be still be a selling top seven club they been for most years bar the season of 2013/2014 when they had suarez.
    Last edited by modd; 05-18-2016 at 10:08 PM.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by modd View Post
    Klopp won,t be at liverpool in five years. he manager a average german team in a few years
    liverpool meanwhile will be still be a selling top seven club they been for most years bar the season of 2013/2014 when they had suarez.
    I dunno modd, I think he's got something there. He's made a veritable silk purse out of Brendan's sow's ear of a squard in a the space of a couple of months. He's been brilliant year after year, even after selling his star players, and he genuinely seems to bring a zip and elan. There'll be mistakes early on, and there has been, but I think Liverpool could be on the ascendency here.

Also, that goal by Sturridge. Ooof

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I dunno modd, I think he's got something there. He's made a veritable silk purse out of Brendan's sow's ear of a squard in a the space of a couple of months. He's been brilliant year after year, even after selling his star players, and he genuinely seems to bring a zip and elan. There'll be mistakes early on, and there has been, but I think Liverpool could be on the ascendency here.

Also, that goal by Sturridge. Ooof
    Nope disagree mate. he made a complete **** up of dortmund last season and next guy that came in got them to second in the league . for me he got gradually worser year inr and year out. he was at his peak in 2011 and 2012 when he understood that to win trophies you teams at times needed to have one or two good defenders which he why he bought hummels in and kehl.

I am not sure he been brittant either. cup runs have hidden the fact he teams have no longer consistant in the league. I don,t think he anywhere near tactical thinker in way simeone or either a pep. He a motivator these days which works for odd cup run but exposed when it comes to finals which he why he only won 1 of 6 and even in that final he need five against bayern to win it as they still let in two.

Yes this liverpool squard is rodgers **** up and klopp needs time but promblem is now without european football who generally of world cup ablity will go to liverpol. nobody. they got so much deadwood to clear out first before they can even think of adding any decent quality

i think liverpool are five to ten years away from even getting close to being a top title or champions league chasing team. klopp won,t wait around till then and i don,t even think he be doing well enough to do so.

In end deep down liverpool needed a manager who could get them claudio style at leicester to defend as unit and be consistant. klopp all fun and games and gives you fun cup runs but he short when he comes to sealing the deal.

liverpool last two manager have been attacking flawed managers and in end two men who have no idea of defence.klopp a improvment on rodgers but to me he still not the manager he once was and neither are liverpool.

it be same story next season. their finish 5th or 6th , get to fa cup semi final before losing 3-2 in crazy game and people sitll make out he some sort of genius which he not. he a talented manager but with loads of flaws

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by modd View Post
    it be same story next season. their finish 5th or 6th , get to fa cup semi final before losing 3-2 in crazy game and people sitll make out he some sort of genius which he not. he a talented manager but with loads of flaws
    There's plenty of talent there, not just the forwards either Can can be world class, Clyne is developing really well and Lallana has looked reborn. Yes he's not Pep and of course they could do with someone working even half of Ranieri's fluke-cum-miracle but he's a very specific manager, more Wenger like in his more holistic ideas for a team. Not everything needs to be rigorously drilled, detail can be boring at times and it can stifle innovation and improvisation. There's space for all different types of manager and, at the very least, it's bloody entertaining.

I think they'll finish above spurs next season.

There's plenty of talent there, not just the forwards either Can can be world class, Clyne is developing really well and Lallana has looked reborn. Yes he's not Pep and of course they could do with someone working even half of Ranieri's fluke-cum-miracle but he's a very specific manager, more Wenger like in his more holistic ideas for a team. Not everything needs to be rigorously drilled, detail can be boring at times and it can stifle innovation and improvisation. There's space for all different types of manager and, at the very least, it's bloody entertaining.

I think they'll finish above spurs next season.
    I agree in terms of it does not need to be lalways ike ranieri which i think was no fluke by they way. he deserved it as they knew how to win games ugly which it what winning titles is all about at times.

But promblem is klopp not improved for me in last four years. he still man motivator he always was without the trophies now or getting his teams to defend at all. arsene won two fa cups in last three years because unlike klopp he understood with attacking football you need to defend at times when you need to..

Klopp inablity in finals to react to situations by tightining up showed all his flaws. he has a certain level as manager. even in year of when they got champions league final with dortmund, he made a mess of quater final with malga and relied on dodgy offside goal o win.

he talented but flawed manager that does not care enough about defensive side of things at all to win trophies anymore. untill he understand that he keep losing and so will liverpool. liverpool liike dortmund of late have same issues. pressing team fun to watch but you know they ****ing easy to score against

same when rodgers were their. suarez and gerrad covered all thoses weakness that have been their for last four years under then tactically clueless rodgers.

since carragher, agger and hypia left they not bought hardly a top defence. in central midfeild they not had one top class defensive midfielder since they sold mas to barcelona.

they become a inconsistent team of pressing players who can,t defend of the bal;. The promblem is those teams don,t win trophies as you need to defend resonbury well to win things. you can,t keep letting in 50 goals a season and win anything. sorry you can,t win **** all. its why they threw title away in 2014. their inablity to defend well it was required was exposed.

whatever i thought of rafa and houller negative football at least in cup finals they got their teams to defend properly. you need to do basics at times to win anything in football.

I think untill klopp and liverpool understand that their be many more years to come before they win anything. talent can only take you so far in the end. you need both sides of the games to win trophies. Liverpool don,t have it. its as simple as that

The Jorge
    Look, imagine a man who's managed Juve, Inter and Roma - not for inconsiderable periods either - and not managed to win a title. I love Claudio but his record is hardly one of serial success. If you judged him on your Klopp criteria he'd be putting out cones in Serie C2 by now, and no that isnt a car.

And, of course his team couldnt bloody defend, they have Dejan Lovren and The Ghost of Kolo Toure as their central defenders. Give him a couple of years and they'll be challenging for stuff, mark my words.

true but klopp not even learning

Look, imagine a man who's managed Juve, Inter and Roma - not for inconsiderable periods either - and not managed to win a title. I love Claudio but his record is hardly one of serial success. If you judged him on your Klopp criteria he'd be putting out cones in Serie C2 by now, and no that isnt a car.

And, of course his team couldnt bloody defend, they have Dejan Lovren and The Ghost of Kolo Toure as their central defenders. Give him a couple of years and they'll be challenging for stuff, mark my words.
    I agree that claudio was poor before leicester but he grew up and learnt all least to win that first title you need to get teams to defend well at times. he grew up.

klopp not grown up yet. he not learning that for him to win again he got to get his teams defending in a resoanble way. his teams are far to
    easy to score against. you can,t just blame tour or loveren he are poor players. a great manager like sir alex understood you need both good attackers and defenders.
    you can,t tell me wes morgan was great before claudio but look at him now. that good managerment

klopp needs to improve but he to stubbon to change and he like rodgers won,t win anything at liverpool. he too stubbon to adapt or change. for me he past his peak and won,t bring in required top defenders to win things.
    Last edited by modd; 05-18-2016 at 11:07 PM.