Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bloody Hell, even Sevilla's sporting director is bantering off spurs

The Jorge

Bloody Hell, even Sevilla's sporting director is bantering off spurs

“The guy selling a Seat Leon will claim it’s a better model,” Monchi says. “Kanouté wasn’t the first option; we were going after Fred, the Brazilian. We wanted [Kevin-Prince] Boateng before Keita. And if a player says: ‘Chelsea want me,’ I say: ‘What are you talking to me for, then?’ But if Swansea or Spurs want you, let’s talk."

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    “The guy selling a Seat Leon will claim it’s a better model,” Monchi says. “Kanouté wasn’t the first option; we were going after Fred, the Brazilian. We wanted [Kevin-Prince] Boateng before Keita. And if a player says: ‘Chelsea want me,’ I say: ‘What are you talking to me for, then?’ But if Swansea or Spurs want you, let’s talk."
    Remember that Juande Ramos went to Spurs from Sevilla, ditching Monchi and his long nurtured youth project on the way, so he probably has a wry view on both Ramos and Spurs from that experience.

Context, old boy, is everything. Sometimes you have to look quite hard to find the specific reason people hate Spurs.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ears are alight View Post
    Remember that Juande Ramos went to Spurs from Sevilla, ditching Monchi and his long nurtured youth project on the way, so he probably has a wry view on both Ramos and Spurs from that experience.

Context, old boy, is everything. Sometimes you have to look quite hard to find the specific reason people hate Spurs.
    Yes, but not very often. Usually it's just that they are spurs.

btw "spurs" please. They dont deserve a capital letter.

On the contrary. There is no blame to be attributed to spurs, which are a useful if nowadays little employed addition to a pair of boots if you need your horse to go faster. There is therefore all the difference in the world between spurs and the Spawn of Beelzebub stain on the world which is Spurs.

Bantered off with Seat housery