Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To The Garrick for the opening night of Sir Ken's Romeo and Juliet.

To The Garrick for the opening night of Sir Ken's Romeo and Juliet.

I'll tell you what Clive, if it's set on a Peckham council estate in 1989 I'll be ****ing livid.

I once saw A Midsummer Night's Dream set on some roadworks on the M1. I left at the interval.

What I want, right, is breeches and flouncy sleeves.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'll tell you what Clive, if it's set on a Peckham council estate in 1989 I'll be ****ing livid.

I once saw A Midsummer Night's Dream set on some roadworks on the M1. I left at the interval.

Cant you just nip round for a Weekend at Berni's if you want that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Cant you just nip round for a Weekend at Berni's if you want that?
    I bow to no man in my appreciation of b's prose stylings, j. But he's not the Bard.

Hope it is better than Ben Elton's new comedy on Shakespeare

I say comedy...

The Jorge
    I bow to no man in my appreciation of b's prose stylings, j. But he's not the Bard.
    I was on about the breeches and flouncy sleeves. And drinking cider on a roundabout knocks Billy Shakes' ouvre into a cocked hat, surely

Isn't Ken a bit long in the tooth for Romeo?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hope it is better than Ben Elton's new comedy on Shakespeare

I say comedy...
    Yes, I gave that the wholehearted swerve when I saw that little **** Mitchell was involved. Is it as bad as one would imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Isn't Ken a bit long in the tooth for Romeo?
    I believe he's just directing, but I suppose one never knows with these lovey types.

Yes, I gave that the wholehearted swerve when I saw that little **** Mitchell was involved. Is it as bad as one would imagine?
    I actually fell asleep watching it - I tried my best, but when it became apparent the Will Kempe character was actually supposed to be doing a David Brent impression I rather lost the Will* to live

*sorry - I know that is Bard

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I was on about the breeches and flouncy sleeves. And drinking cider on a roundabout knocks Billy Shakes' ouvre into a cocked hat, surely
    Roundabouts are for micturation, pavements for drinking cider.