Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, Newcastle, Villa and Norwich down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Peter Withe, isn't it? Tony Morley, Gary Shaw? You know, marvellous.
    For whatever reason, the name that really sticks with me from that side is Jimmy Rimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    For whatever reason, the name that really sticks with me from that side is Jimmy Rimmer.
    Injured pre-game, enter Nigel Spinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Injured pre-game, enter Nigel Spinks.
    I do know that, sw.

But that fact does not detract from the comedy of Jimmy Rimmer's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do know that, sw.

But that fact does not detract from the comedy of Jimmy Rimmer's name.
    Indeed, my apologies. Not sure what happened there but I was still reeling from LA earlier.

" Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They have actually beaten us 30 times in 90 league games - quite the record"

Indeed, my apologies. Not sure what happened there but I was still reeling from LA earlier.

" Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They have actually beaten us 30 times in 90 league games - quite the record"

No apology necessary, old chap.

Yes, well we all know that la has that club in his bag, don't we? Most of the time we choose to overlook his deviant tendencies due to him generally being a decent sort of skin in general.

Villa? Meh I believe is the appropriate term. No loss to the PL. One horrible kit to be replaced by an almost identically horrible kit who will then go down next summer.
    Only six teams left now who have been ever-present in the top flight since Skyball was invented in 1992.

And a proper auld club in Villa to be replaced by another proper auld club in Burnley who, of course wear Villa's kit in a tribute to their ancient achievements. As do West Ham and S****horpe, I believe. They also keep the number of the original football league teams in the top flight at four.