Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With St Totteringham Day firmly down the ****ter for this year, we should all take a

With St Totteringham Day firmly down the ****ter for this year, we should all take a

step back and consider how lucky we've been, as fans, for holding the ascendancy over our fiercest rivals for two decades.

I can't think of a single club anywhere in Europe that has achieved the same with no interruption.

Thanks you Arsenal and, in particular, thank you Arsene Wenger. It's been a ****ing ball.

Stoke and Port Vale?

You ain't no modd bruv

It's been coming tbh, been a few last day scrapes in recent times. Like you say though, for 2 fierce rivals in the same league for all that time... Amazing really.
    Last edited by barrybueno; 05-11-2016 at 08:05 PM.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Barcelona and Espanyol?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Porto and Boavista, Juventus and Torino, Real Madrid and Rayo Vallecano, Bayern Munich and Munich 1860, Ajax and FC Amsterdam... shall I continue?

Anyway we're still going to do it.

To be fair to Monty though, I think he meant the local rivalries about which he knows a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Porto and Boavista, Juventus and Torino, Real Madrid and Rayo Vallecano, Bayern Munich and Munich 1860, Ajax and FC Amsterdam... shall I continue?

Anyway we're still going to do it.
    I should have emphasised, there's no example of comparable sized clubs competing in the same league where one has held such a consistent ascendancy over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Stoke and Port Vale?
    Yes, very good. But why not be the first to endorse the sentiment?

Comparable is a myth. We've been a much bigger club than Spurs for 99% of our history. They had a couple of years in the early sixties and little more than that, we have been consistently a big club from the 30's onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Comparable is a myth. We've been a much bigger club than Spurs for 99% of our history. They had a couple of years in the early sixties and little more than that, we have been consistently a big club from the 30's onwards.
    Sure, but put it this way. If they'd hired Wenger in the mid-90, can we be sure we'd have enjoyed such sustained dominance?