Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White people not welcome

of course public sector organisations have an obligation under The Public Sector Equality Duty to represent the national demographic. Also, there may be a Genuine Occupational Qualification for only targeting specific, minority applicants.

Perhaps Creative Access is opportunistically jumping on the bandwagon to make a few quid (there are plenty of other examples out there) from the government.

Of course, to your average Sun-reading UKIPer, this just looks like racism against poor Whitey.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Of course, to your average Sun-reading UKIPer, this just looks like racism against poor Whitey.
    Yeah, that's why I dont think it's particularly helpful. Unless, of course, you want to set people from the same class against eachother. I mean, it's easier than have them fight you, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Yeah, that's why I dont think it's particularly helpful. Unless, of course, you want to set people from the same class against eachother. I mean, it's easier than have them fight you, isnt it?
    It's a fiendish plot, you mean? Hmm, Diane Abbott touched upon this a couple of years ago and I, like a fool, dismissed her.

I'd certainly like to be in the room where the shadowy cabal meets to plan this sort of thing. My investigations reveal that the chief shape-shifting lizard is called Thatcha and that she is assisted by coppers and that. Happily, this special aluminium hat stops them reading my thoughts.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a fiendish plot, you mean? Hmm, Diane Abbott touched upon this a couple of years ago and I, like a fool, dismissed her.

I'd certainly like to be in the room where the shadowy cabal meets to plan this sort of thing. My investigations reveal that the chief shape-shifting lizard is called Thatcha and that she is assisted by coppers and that. Happily, this special aluminium hat stops them reading my thoughts.
    :****rolleyessmiley:

I love the way that when anyone suggests there's any sort of conspiracy they are decried as a lunatic conspiracy theorist, yet when these conspiracies come to light the attacks shift to them being "habitual moaners with a victim complex". People conspire all the time to keep their money theirs, you know this to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Quite right, imo. I do think we need to be careful with these dismissive caricatures though. It's a good laugh and a' that but you risk losing sight of the fact that there will be many people who agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, while at the same time, being smart enough to avoid expressing it themselves.

Behaviour is what matters; what actually happens, what you *actually* do. Not what you say.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I despise the term "positive discrimination". There is nothing positive about it. As you say, it is still discrimination.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I despise the term "positive discrimination". There is nothing positive about it. As you say, it is still discrimination.
    It depends how you look at it, I suppose. Surely nobody can be against a 9/1 PD split in favour of white Brits, can they? Especially as it would reflect the ethnic demographics of the UK as a whole.

Of course, certain ancient and revered institutions, such as the Premier League, for instance, or The Guardian, may recoil from the idea and resist such tokenism, but surely the rest of us can be broadly in favour?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It depends how you look at it, I suppose. Surely nobody can be against a 9/1 PD split in favour of white Brits, can they? Especially as it would reflect the ethnic demographics of the UK as a whole.

Of course, certain ancient and revered institutions, such as the Premier League, for instance, or The Guardian, may recoil from the idea and resist such tokenism, but surely the rest of us can be broadly in favour?
    It's all irrelevant nonsense though; we're having a 1980s conversation in 2016. Within 5 years no one will notice skin colour at all. 99% of people are so over that racism **** - it's just the elderly and the poor left now. The elderly will soon be dead and the poor don't matter.

I was trying to be funny :sadanddisappointedface:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all irrelevant nonsense though; we're having a 1980s conversation in 2016. Within 5 years no one will notice skin colour at all. 99% of people are so over that racism **** - it's just the elderly and the poor left now. The elderly will soon be dead and the poor don't matter.
    **** it, I don't care. I'm off soon and it's Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    **** it, I don't care. I'm off soon and it's Wednesday.
    Off? Off? You mean you're leaving us?