Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Arsene packed it in tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Voice of Death RIP
    See also Christopher Lee.

I wonder who wants to play him next?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    ...obviously this is a dream scenario for some and a nightmare for others but just say it happened, what would/should be the board's next move. Who would you go for?

Me, personally, I'd be all about Slaven Bilic. I think he has what it takes to run a proper sized club. Failing that, Thomas Tuchel. Not Bielsa, not Mourinho but maybe Benitez if he's freed up by the Geordie's pure abjectness.
    He has a daughter of 19, you know. Now that would be truly groundbreaking - appointing a fresh, new, young talent and breaking the iron grip of the patriarchy currently throtting football in one gloriously revolutionary act.

I may start a twitter campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The spurs incumbent
    Too many drugs.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Didn't stop the others in Young Ones doing Comic Strip, though he was more involved. Yes, Peter Richardson is a great talent. See also Ian Richardson.
    They werent also directing it though, PR was a proper auteur, or at least wanted to be.

He also co-wrote and directed Stella Street, which remains the most criminally underrated thing on telly ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    They werent also directing it though, PR was a proper auteur, or at least wanted to be.

He also co-wrote and directed Stella Street, which remains the most criminally underrated thing on telly ever.
    Yes, there's a lotof his output that I haven't seen, including several Comic Strip films.

The most memorable CS moment for me was Alexi Sayle the motorbike cop saying "Oh yeah, where's that then?" Had me in stitches because *every* single cop that stoppen me in the 80's said that.

They will panic and do something stupid.

I like Koeman. I thought he would be a future successor back in about 00/01 when he was at Ajax.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    See also Christopher Lee.

I wonder who wants to play him next?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Me with the True Geordie as my number 2

END OF.....

Real Madrid la decima...yer having a larf!!!

Koeman, Bilic, and Benitez are all good coaches, but none really fire the imagination. Don't know much about a Tuchel, but choosing someone we have never heard of has worked before!

No, that's what dollies' football was invented for, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He has a daughter of 19, you know. Now that would be truly groundbreaking - appointing a fresh, new, young talent and breaking the iron grip of the patriarchy currently throtting football in one gloriously revolutionary act.

I may start a twitter campaign.
    We should never hear the last of it otherwise.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."