Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Arsene packed it in tomorrow....

The Jorge

If Arsene packed it in tomorrow....

...obviously this is a dream scenario for some and a nightmare for others but just say it happened, what would/should be the board's next move. Who would you go for?

Me, personally, I'd be all about Slaven Bilic. I think he has what it takes to run a proper sized club. Failing that, Thomas Tuchel. Not Bielsa, not Mourinho but maybe Benitez if he's freed up by the Geordie's pure abjectness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    ...obviously this is a dream scenario for some and a nightmare for others but just say it happened, what would/should be the board's next move. Who would you go for?

Me, personally, I'd be all about Slaven Bilic. I think he has what it takes to run a proper sized club. Failing that, Thomas Tuchel. Not Bielsa, not Mourinho but maybe Benitez if he's freed up by the Geordie's pure abjectness.
    Massimiliano Allegri - but I just see he has signed a new contract. Wouldn't mind Bilic - think Koeman may be a better bet in the short term though. Less combustible

Bilic would be a decent shout, although it would be a step up from anything he's done before he looks as tho0ugh he's got the character and intelligence for it.

Benitez would be a dreary disaster. After Wengerball we'd have the opposite and he hasn't exactly lit up the pleaces he's been to recently has he?

The Jorge
    Massimiliano "Austin" Allegri? Good choice imo. And yes, Ronald isnt bad either.

No love for the current BvB man?

Unai Emery or Simeone.

Thomas Tuchel is another fellow that looks awful in any sort of coat/jacket. He's got to be 1st choice.

modd. + some extra characters

Massimiliano "Austin" Allegri? Good choice imo. And yes, Ronald isnt bad either.

No love for the current BvB man?
    Not sure about him - good first season obviously but has the second most talented squad in Germany so no real surprise got them to second. Would like to see what he does next season

Koeman, although Bilic is a fair call but possibly not quite 'The Arsenal ' man. Koeman has wetted his appetite in the PL and has worked wonders with modest financial resources. Wenger set to retire next year and the dutcher with one year remaining on his Saints contract .

Koeman, unlike Bilic, has been quite rude about Arsenal in the past though.