Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wenger In vs Wenger Out fans

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What happens if the next guy is quite good?
    I think the idea is that any trophies the new men win will actually still belong to Wenger
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What happens if the next guy is quite good?
    I suspect that Wenger is going to be the one that finds his successor. If so there is a better chance of him finding a good one. What we do not want is for him to walk out early and leave this decision to the board. I doubt they could find a needle in a pile of needles.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, an' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain for promis'd joy.

Again, that's football.
    Managing and minimizing the risks.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Some of the Wenger Outs are pretty hardcore and want him gone irrespective of what he wins...PL and / or CL

Shame really...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Some of the Wenger Outs are pretty hardcore and want him gone irrespective of what he wins...PL and / or CL

Shame really...
    Not at all. The man has gone stale and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Why waste yet another season? And the idea he should take credit for anything his successor may achieve is ridiculous. His credit balance expired long ago.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Not at all. The man has gone stale and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Why waste yet another season? And the idea he should take credit for anything his successor may achieve is ridiculous. His credit balance expired long ago.
    Seriously though, why the hurry? We should take our time and wait for the right man to become available. I wouldve loved for it to be Klopp, mind. But that ship has sailed, across the Mersey no less.

Who would you go for YoM? I mean you seem to have given the whole business plenty of thought.

You do realise that the board are unlikely to have a successor lined up and that it is likely that Wenger will have appoint his own successor, don't you? If we were to get shot of Wenger now, would you trust Gazidis, Kronke and Fish and Chips to find Wenger's replacement?

You see, you've hit the nail on the head. Why exactly did the Klopp ship sail? Three years ago he was widely acknowledged to be absolutely the right man for the Arsenal job. One year ago he left Dortmund with no other club in mind and could have been snapped up . If we did not have an American owner who did not give a toss so long as the club was coasting in 3rd or 4th, he would have acted quickly and decisively and made the change then.

There are a host of managers out there who are now capable of improving Arsenal where Wenger no longer can do. Top cab off the rank would be Simeone (since you've asked). Before anyone says he wouldn't come, you may be right. But the idea that only one or two people in the game could improve us is clearly rubbish. There is no case for indulging one man's ego for another year.

Forgive me but my suspicion is that it's precisely *because* that ship has sailed

that you are now prepared to finger young Jürgen. After all, isn't it normally your thing to demand of others to name their man?

I agree with you about all this nonsense though. We seem to have ended up with the worst of both worlds; when the end does come, the AKBs will be unhappy their man has gone, whilst the WOBs will be full of regret that they will have failed to force Him out

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Seriously though, why the hurry? We should take our time and wait for the right man to become available. I wouldve loved for it to be Klopp, mind. But that ship has sailed, across the Mersey no less.

Who would you go for YoM? I mean you seem to have given the whole business plenty of thought.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    You see, you've hit the nail on the head. Why exactly did the Klopp ship sail? Three years ago he was widely acknowledged to be absolutely the right man for the Arsenal job. One year ago he left Dortmund with no other club in mind and could have been snapped up . If we did not have an American owner who did not give a toss so long as the club was coasting in 3rd or 4th, he would have acted quickly and decisively and made the change then.

There are a host of managers out there who are now capable of improving Arsenal where Wenger no longer can do. Top cab off the rank would be Simeone (since you've asked). Before anyone says he wouldn't come, you may be right. But the idea that only one or two people in the game could improve us is clearly rubbish. There is no case for indulging one man's ego for another year.
    I'm not kicking off here, just wanting to understand the PoV more. Yes, I wouldve liked Klopp to be our next manager. But then again, it did go all sour for him very suddenly - team in the relegation zone for half a season, arguments with the board - but we werent going to part with wenger on the back of two FA Cups, were we? Some things arent meant to be and all that.

Simeone is an interesting choice, I'll grant you. Though I think he's wedded to Atleti almost as much as Arsene is to us, even at his stickiest. I'm not entirely sure it's a goer.

I dont think the field is too open for a successor tbh, there's certainly nobody I would rather have than AW out there right now. Ancelotti? Capello possibly, maybe Koeman, Tuchel?