Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wenger In vs Wenger Out fans

[QUOTE=Yesterday Once More;4109531]
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.[/QUO

Name his successor? Why on earth should it be anything to do with him who takes over. Fergie was accorded that privilege, and to be fair he was leaving them as champions, but it did them no favours to be saddled with his Glaswegian pal Moyes. I don't want one of Wenger's yes-men foisted on us, that would defeat the point of getting rid of him.
    I understand, I just don't agree. It seems we'll go down the DoF route and Wenger would be the perfect man for it, for us. Manchester United are still Manchester United, even if they go a season or two without a title. We too, will be fine.

I'm speaking, of course, as somebody who doesn't go though, don't forget. If those that do go simply cannot bear to watch anymore Wengerball, they too have my sympathy and I understand that view too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, but whoever takes the job needs to be prepared to make clear that he wants to be challenged and in turn will challenge the board to continue to back him financially. I have never said that Wenger is totally the problem, but he has been complicit in the stagnation which the board have allowed to set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Yes, but whoever takes the job needs to be prepared to make clear that he wants to be challenged and in turn will challenge the board to continue to back him financially. I have never said that Wenger is totally the problem, but he has been complicit in the stagnation which the board have allowed to set in.
    I'm sure he will, whomover it may be. We can afford it now anyway, if money is an issue anyone wants to focus on.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, he'd have been good. Not sure Monty would fancy him much though.

to want to continue with Wenger is to accept an Arsenal that challenges for 3rd and 4th rather than challenging for the title - and 4th may be beyond him next season

to want change is to accept that we may struggle to make top 4 (the side needs rebuilding), but we might actually challenge for the title in a year or two - or have a couple of dud managers that get us nowhere

it's a risk, but it has to be taken sooner or later

Wenger's league titles are now about as relevant as George Graham's in terms of either man's suitability to manage another title winning team

and while 10 years ago I hoped that Wenger would eventually take on an upstairs role with the club when he'd finished as manager, I now firmly believe that his influence at Arsenal must end