Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This has to be a gag, doesn't it. Why would a bank care who the manager is,

This has to be a gag, doesn't it. Why would a bank care who the manager is,

so long as whoever it is kept to the conditions of the loans?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36172291

Morning, all, by the way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Funnily enough, Poch has just signed a five year deal. #banxknow

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    #banxknow
    Apart from the fact they don't, as we have seen.

Right. And, if true, why not say so ten years ago? Everyone would've been delighted and more understanding of .. current affairs.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

We need Ears.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Stability?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Stability?
    Yes, I thought about that. Every other senior officer or official at the club has been changed in that time though; we even have a new board of directors. Is a mere football manager really so important, from a finance point of view? I mean, it's not as though He is personally underwriting the loans, is it? (Or *is* it? )

I know nothing about the science of the thing, of course. It just seems odd.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

He ensures a nice, comfy financial cusion and perpetual champions league qualification. If I were lending Arsenal money I'd want the Alsatian in charge too.

Remember when George Graham was sacked, and the club stated that they'd never give a manager so much control/power within the club again? That worked out well didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    He ensures a nice, comfy financial cusion and perpetual champions league qualification. If I were lending Arsenal money I'd want the Alsatian in charge too.
    Yes, but you're not a bank, are you.

"Ensures"? Why not say so back then, in that case?