Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This has to be a gag, doesn't it. Why would a bank care who the manager is,

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but you're not a bank, are you.
    No, and I've never pretended to be. But we all know that bloke, you know the one that you know will spunk that tenner on buckfast, pint glass strippers and pannini stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    No, and I've never pretended to be. But we all know that bloke, you know the one that you know will spunk that tenner on buckfast, pint glass strippers and pannini stickers.
    Yeah, fair enough. I agree, I just find it odd, for the reasons outlined above.

Perhaps it's just banter.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That would have been suicide. We would have not been able to attract the players that were able to get hold of and there is no way we have been in the CL every season.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    That would have been suicide. We would have not been able to attract the players that were able to get hold of and there is no way we have been in the CL every season.
    I don't see that.

Haven't we been saying for ages that players want to join us because of Wenger? And indeed that those already here would consider their futures were He to leave?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Saying and doing aren't the same. Remember, agents have a lot of influence as well
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

so long as whoever it is kept to the conditions of the loans?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36172291

Morning, all, by the way.
    It's an interesting story but again, has sod all to do with the current strained relationship between fans and manager.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It's an interesting story but again, has sod all to do with the current strained relationship between fans and manager.
    True, but it's always interesting to hear how the principals in the piece understand the thing. Or anyway, how they are prepared to be seen to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Saying and doing aren't the same. Remember, agents have a lot of influence as well
    I agree. When you say it would've been suicide, you don't mean it literally. It's just banter.

I just thought a bank would've had different priorities. At least I hope *mine* does

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    No, and I've never pretended to be.
    Oh I 've seen you pretending to be a bank many times Jorge. Just last week were tearing around the financial markets, gambling recklessly with ordinary folk's pension funds, awarding yourself a bonus that could fund a hospital or school, then crying like a big baby when it all went tits up and demanding millions in printed money* to rescue you.

*Which you referred to euphemistically as Quantitative Easing of course. Never pretended to be a bank...tish and feathers man!
    Last edited by Herbette Chapman - aged 15; 04-30-2016 at 05:06 PM.

so long as whoever it is kept to the conditions of the loans?
    There's a whiff of the heretic about you Redg'. Careful my friend. You'll incur the odium of the 6th form debating society if you keep it up. You'll notice Jorge pounced like some zealous STASI functionary within seconds of your blasphemy. If you continue to exhibit these unorthodox tendencies, Charlie'll be along.