Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This has to be a gag, doesn't it. Why would a bank care who the manager is,

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    There's a whiff of the heretic about you Redg'. Careful my friend. You'll incur the odium of the 6th form debating society if you keep it up. You'll notice Jorge pounced like some zealous STASI functionary within seconds of your blasphemy. If you continue to exhibit these unorthodox tendencies, Charlie'll be along.
    More than just a whiff, I hope?

Talking of bad smells, I have to organise a cowpat lottery for tomorrow. It's an old rural Alsatian custom; you mark out a field like a grid and then sit around drinking beer and brandy and scoffing barbecue, waiting for a particular, pre-selected cow to take a dump. Everyone draws a number and the winner .. well, wins.

Ooh, lala, as they say
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    More than just a whiff, I hope?
    Now if such an event were staged here the whole spectacle would be punctuated by raucous laughter and salty jokes about bovine digestive tracts. I suspect in the Alsace, it is all taken rather seriously?

And speaking of heretics, have you heard Lee Dixon giving succour to the ahhhh't ists? Clearly not looking for gainful employment from the club any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Now if such an event were staged here the whole spectacle would be punctuated by raucous laughter and salty jokes about bovine digestive tracts. I suspect in the Alsace, it is all taken rather seriously?

And speaking of heretics, have you heard Lee Dixon giving succour to the ahhhh't ists? Clearly not looking for gainful employment from the club any time soon.
    The key is that the rural French are always drunk, I reckon.

And Dicko and all those other ex-players currently dissin' Veng'll be alright, once Pards takes charge

Thing is, the term "Yes man" simply doesn't have the negative association for foreigners that it does for us. They see it as helpful, productive.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."