Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CarWimb: I *think* I might have mentioned a road accident I was recently involved in

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    that wrote off my car.

Anyway, I need a new ****ing car, don't I.

Any recommendations? I *would* consider an estate, but 1) it would reduce the chances of being able to park directly outside my flat, which, with two sprogs, would be a pain in the hole, 2) My missus cannot park for ****, even in an average sized car.

So, the criteria is:
    1) 6k or under
    2) boot space big enough for a double buggy AND a suitcase
    3) That' s about it

In terms of usage, it will be mainly used for 45 mins suburban driving each day.

Hit me.
    As b so wisely advises, the concept of car 'ownership' is outdated and redundant.

There are some extremely cracking deals around at present, of which I could advise you, if you were a nice person with a kind face.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Honest question, do you actually need a car?

How far from the house to creche or whatever equivalent you use for the kid?
    Yes, absolutely essential. I drive to work and also to do the drop off and pick ups at the childminder.

Also, myriad other reasons why having a car is critical to my quality of life.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    J, I say this with love.

Your Jag is old, ****, not fuel efficient, has high road tax, lacks all the bells and whistles that normal humans now take for granted with their cars and makes you look like an ageing lothario who's down on his luck.

Get rid.
    Thanks, b. That's just the look I was after

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Thanks, b. That's just the look I was after
    It's basically like wearing a sign that says: "I have a dodgy prostate and suffer increasingly from erectile dysfunction, but I've still got it, girls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    As b so wisely advises, the concept of car 'ownership' is outdated and redundant.

There are some extremely cracking deals around at present, of which I could advise you, if you were a nice person with a kind face.
    I have an unkind character, but not an unkind face...do I?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's basically like wearing a sign that says: "I have a dodgy prostate and suffer increasingly from erectile dysfunction, but I've still got it, girls!"
    Balls is it, you've not see it, it's lovely.

It'll beat your Prostat any day of the week.

My Fiat 500L would be perfect. though over your budget.

My mate just bought a VW Jetta. the boot is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I have an unkind character, but not an unkind face...do I?
    Well, it's not an unkind face, as such, but it does need a shave. On that we can agree.

If you were interested in buying a car in the 21st century manner I can put you in touch with a chap who will do you abtter deal than anyone else on earth.

Is your mate a Daisy Age rapper?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My Fiat 500L would be perfect. though over your budget.

My mate just bought a VW Jetta. the boot is massive.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."