Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need some new footwear awimb.

After some long thought.
    I have the leather jacket i might as well get some biker boots.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I didn't really want to say anything but that's how I feel about things like your Altbergs, as if the chap wants you to think he's just arrived in Bulawayo, or wherever, with Delta Force
    The Altberg is the pragmatist's choice for walking in the bush, r.

Shoes being used for the task for which they were designed, you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am confused, because I've looked them up, and they're trainers.

Do you wear tracksuits as leisure wear, sw?
    I have been known to in my more youthful past but it would be many years now since I last did. There would indeed be an old Adidas one hung up (or folded away) somewhere in the house if I needed to get my hands on it.

The strict doctrines to which you appear to apply relative to clothing for use reflects badly on you and simply suggests you to be narrow minded.

I can’t say I am surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have been known to in my more youthful past but it would be many years now since I last did. There would indeed be an old Adidas one hung up (or folded away) somewhere in the house if I needed to get my hands on it.

The strict doctrines to which you appear to apply relative to clothing for use reflects badly on you and simply suggests you to be narrow minded.

I can’t say I am surprised.
    Au contraire,sw, I am extremely broadminded vis-z-vis matters sartorial.

On Sundays I often dispense with my weskit and tie and don a fetching cravate; on holiday I will go so far as to wear a 'linen' suit, although the 'linen' is a linen and cashmere mix which avoids the worst creasing.

The Altberg is the pragmatist's choice for walking in the bush, r.

Shoes being used for the task for which they were designed, you see?
    Of course, but the moreso that is, the less it must look like it. See? I wouldn't last five minutes.

Which would be nothing new, I suppose.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Au contraire,sw, I am extremely broadminded vis-z-vis matters sartorial.

On Sundays I often dispense with my weskit and tie and don a fetching cravate; on holiday I will go so far as to wear a 'linen' suit, although the 'linen' is a linen and cashmere mix which avoids the worst creasing.
    A waistcoat you say.

What is your highest break?

Perhaps he's off to PE, or needs to be ready at any moment to go for a run?

That's what I assume when I see someone wearing sportswear.
    Perhaps you could add to your assumptions the possibility that their schedule might include transporting themselves about on their own feet, therefore not using up space on roads or trains, not depleting limited reserves of oil and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps you could add to your assumptions the possibility that their schedule might include transporting themselves about on their own feet, therefore not using up space on roads or trains, not depleting limited reserves of oil and so on.
    I walk across London regularly, a, wearing honest to goodness Church's brogues as God intended. One does not require plimsolls to walk.