Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And there's more..

What an enjoyable evening it's going to be at the Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It really, really confuses me that apparently sentient human beings have such trouble understanding this matter.

If you identify as an Arsenal supporter, the lads on the pitch in the red and white shirts are on your side. You should cheer them and abuse the opposition. Why is that so complicated?

Aside from matters of morality and loyalty, failing to encourage your own players is obviously going to be counter-productive. Why make matters worse?
    One can support / love / be loyal to an entity but that is not to say you have to go round in a permanent state of happiness. That would be utterly naïve in respect of understanding human emotions.

In fact it would probably make you an imbecile.

And to be honest coming out with tosh like that in such a simplistic black & white way belies the truth behind what is a football supporter in as much a way as the behaviour you are criticising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    We should have walked this league imo.
    I would imagine Man City fans feel 100% the same in this sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    One can support / love / be loyal to an entity but that is not to say you have to go round in a permanent state of happiness. That would be utterly naïve in respect of understanding human emotions.

And to be honest coming out with tosh like that in such a simplistic black & white way belies the truth behind what is a football supporter in as much a way as the behaviour you are criticising.
    Basically, the only comment managers and players should ever make regarding the support is a modest "Thank you".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

And Spurs fans.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

And Chelsea, Spurs and United, I would think.

We have established 'what is a football supporter', we're just trying to understand how, and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Essentially everyone who, last Summer, fancied themselves better than Leicester City

I specified City because in the end I suspect they will finish closer to the crown than we are, a small distance covered by 2-3 matches and the difference between winning or losing or drawing.

The period where they imploded coinciding with the absence of De Bruyne perhaps.

Neither Spurs nor United fans will in their wildest dreams have expected to win the title this season and Chelsea have known since autumn leaves were falling onto dewy grass that they were ****ed.

I specified City because in the end I suspect they will finish closer to the crown than we are, a small distance covered by 2-3 matches and the difference between winning or losing or drawing.

The period where they imploded coinciding with the absence of De Bruyne perhaps.

Neither Spurs nor United fans will in their wildest dreams have expected to win the title this season and Chelsea have known since autumn leaves were falling onto dewy grass that they were ****ed.