Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And there's more..

And there's more..

From Wenger, I mean. Not Queen.

"We lost the championship at home against the lower teams, but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

Basically, He seems to be saying "C***s out."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    From Wenger, I mean. Not Queen.

"We lost the championship at home against the lower teams, but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

Basically, He seems to be saying "C***s out."
    You could suggest he is looking to apportion blame when quite simply any blame as such, if there is need for same, lies 100% with him / his staff and then his players.

I expect he is mightily pissed off with the planned actions tomorrow, justifiably so in my view, and like any good fighter is getting his digs in first.

Wenger out!

"I want Arsenal to be better after I leave."

He does rather walk into these things, doesn't He

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You could suggest he is looking to apportion blame when quite simply any blame as such, if there is need for same, lies 100% with him / his staff and then his players.

I expect he is mightily pissed off with the planned actions tomorrow, justifiably so in my view, and like any good fighter is getting his digs in first.

Wenger out!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Not a wise move imo.

It works hand in hand. Play **** fans moan. give the fans something to cheer about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not a wise move imo.

It works hand in hand. Play **** fans moan. give the fans something to cheer about.
    Yeah, but many have the idea you're supposed to cheer regardless.

The dangerous bit is the siege mentality-thing, this "Us v Them". It's common enough in football, of course, but I'm not sure it's meant to be "The Club v The Club's Supporters".
    Last edited by redgunamo; 04-29-2016 at 09:35 AM.

I don't get why we have to cheer all the time. Other teams fans do the same around the world.
    Friends argue, Couples argue.

To be positive and cheer all the time whatever the outcome would be very AMERICAN!

I think there is whole as an Arsenal fan we have to behave superior to other teams as we are the 'intelligent' ones.
    No wonder people enjoy watching us fall.

That said this black scarf thing is a bunch on *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't get why we have to cheer all the time. Other teams fans do the same around the world.
    Friends argue, Couples argue.

To be positive and cheer all the time whatever the outcome would be very AMERICAN!

I think there is whole as an Arsenal fan we have to behave superior to other teams as we are the 'intelligent' ones.
    No wonder people enjoy watching us fall.

That said this black scarf thing is a bunch on *******s.
    It really, really confuses me that apparently sentient human beings have such trouble understanding this matter.

If you identify as an Arsenal supporter, the lads on the pitch in the red and white shirts are on your side. You should cheer them and abuse the opposition. Why is that so complicated?

Aside from matters of morality and loyalty, failing to encourage your own players is obviously going to be counter-productive. Why make matters worse?

well the season is over. And they are fed up with the general who's leading the troops.

I suspect they wear black scarfs to work when they don't like their boss.

Also there is a bit of a perception that Arsenal is Arsene Wenger.
    Which is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It really, really confuses me that apparently sentient human beings have such trouble understanding this matter.

If you identify as an Arsenal supporter, the lads on the pitch in the red and white shirts are on your side. You should cheer them and abuse the opposition. Why is that so complicated?

Aside from matters of morality and loyalty, failing to encourage your own players is obviously going to be counter-productive. Why make matters worse?
    I completely agree with all of that. I just do not accept that professionals should get to use it as a excuse, a reason, even if it clearly is.

If you follow me. *We* can say it, but they shouldn't be allowed to.

The Arsene Wenger situation with Arsenal is rather a unique one.

His duties have gone past a typical manager. And he can probably stay at the club as long as he wants.

I can see why this would frustrate people, You want Arsenal to do as well as possible then it seems the manager and the owners are happy to finish 4th. There is no pressure (a bit now) for Arsene to deliver any more than he is doing.

We had all the struggling years where we had no money, (though the club said this wasn't the case)
    We still played good football. We were always respected for that.

Now we make a few out of character big money signings. (you can blame the fans for that) you think great we are past that phase we've got a couple of FA cups we are building here.

And on the pitch we become a ****ing shambles. We should have walked this league imo.