Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsene on good form this morning. Well said, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm fairly sure that most AW loyalists were, during the austerity years, saying that we were doing about as well as we could have been under the circumstances and with the richer clubs. I'm sure I was.

This year is a different matter. In the past the boss could be excused for not winning the league, but there aren't really any excuses this time. If he really is blaming the fans the shortcomings of himself and his playing staff then that is pretty rum stuff imo.
    The denials were not made within the context of billionaire owners though. I don't think there *were* any when we began the Emirates Project, were there?

As I recall it, we had never really spent much money and the board assured as that this would continue to be the case, regardless of the new stadium's cost. We certainly weren't going to spend more, but we weren't going to spend noticeably less either.

The money was always Wenger's McGuffin anyway; nobody was demanding Ronaldos and Bales. We would've been perfectly happy with more Henrys and Vieiras. This is where He (wilfully, I think) misses the point. Like a new wife saying she doesn't want a new MX5 as she already has one and she will therefore only accept a new 911.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Talking of attitude and character after a season like this one is rather funny. And accusing other people of having big egos...this from the little man who walks past his very own bust to work every day. Oh sure, he said he felt a leetle "uncomfortable" about that. Uh, yeah, of course he does.

all utter bull**** and excuses as per usual , still at least tomorrow the powers that be might start to get the message , we can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This year is a different matter. In the past the boss could be excused for not winning the league, but there aren't really any excuses this time. If he really is blaming the fans the shortcomings of himself and his playing staff then that is pretty rum stuff imo.
    I agree here. We all cut him some slack because we knew the financial constraints were there even if we didn't know he was forced to sell 25+million per year. That he did so well during those years is a credit to him.

But we're now the 4th richest club. We needed to shift gears and didn't. Other than Cech, we added neither quality nor depth and that bit us in the butt (in terms of trophies.)

Given that the most profitable sporting clubs are usually not the ones that spend enough to win trophies but rather do just enough to make the playoffs (and gain that revenue), I wonder if a different constraint is being thrown onto Wenger now.

Surely 1. Dlagging off your home team support for not being happy with another poss poor managed claps from strength and 2. Using bulls **** facts of our away record which is not champions but 3rd place .. makes him look a cnut ? Seriously I've supported him but if I pulled his bulls hit in 8 years of sales meetings I'd be sacked but I'd ****ing resign years before that.. The cuts played himself..got to go.. I could not walk in my office with such a **** record in sales and back myself.. I'd resign for my own ****ing dignity. .and on his pay..verdict...just **** off ****

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vaessen's moment of glory View Post
    Talking of attitude and character after a season like this one is rather funny. And accusing other people of having big egos...this from the little man who walks past his very own bust to work every day. Oh sure, he said he felt a leetle "uncomfortable" about that. Uh, yeah, of course he does.
    What vexs me is I'd have killed myself or killed 20 whorls by now n ****ed my mum live on sky in a ****ing rage..where is the cuts ****ing anger ? Cubt