Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do Everton want Martinez out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The problem isn't Martinez....its Lukaku.

Ever since he cut his dreads off he lost all his skillz and has been incredibly rubbish....Christian benetek rubbish.

Seriously needs to grow them back.

Like the lad...would love to see up front with Welbeck for us but it has to be a require,net that he grows his dreads back.
    That's a good point actually. I also want #welbz to get a haircut though too
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

[QUOTE=redgunamo;4108839]I think more and more people have realised that the whole "Money"-thing was simply a way for you AKB types to divert the conversation away from any criticism of Wenger, His signings, His style of play and so on. You can blame Leicester City for that particular revelation.

As you say though, One way or another, Wenger *will* be gone soon so it's probably wrong to get too worked up about forcing Him out at this late stage.[/QUO

Yep. That's about the size of it. Ghostly and his cohorts may aswell accept he'll be around next season and get behind the club. I think there's a fair chance that he'll make a couple of decent signings and we'll have a better season than this one. My only fear is that the old guard running the place may interpret this as a corner being turned and try to persuade the old ******* to sign for another three years.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think more and more people have realised that the whole "Money"-thing was simply a way for you AKB types to divert the conversation away from any criticism of Wenger, His signings, His style of play and so on. You can blame Leicester City for that particular revelation.
    Leicester's success doesn't suddenly make money irrelevant. It is most likely that they are a one-off, an outlier. In fact despite making a couple of great value signings I gather that the club has been sugar-daddied for a while now to help propel it up the charts.

Ironically, why some like to say that their success proves Wenger wrong, it also shows that shrood signings can make a difference, which has always been one of AW's things.

Sugar daddied?

Do you mean an owner injecting money into the business???

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sugar daddied?

Do you mean an owner injecting money into the business???
    As opposed to the business injecting money into the business. It's just a metaphor

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As opposed to the business injecting money into the business. It's just a metaphor
    I know, I just don’t see why such an action always has to be seen as wrong, or evil.

There was recently a suggestion of them falling foul of some ‘FFP’ based rulings from when they were in Division 1.

You’re aware I have no real massive issues with owners splashing cash / clubs spending money “they don’t have” as such.

I know, I just don’t see why such an action always has to be seen as wrong, or evil.
    The moral character of the sourcing of the monies is not the point I was making. The fact that they have had some free monies is not evil, but it is relevant to reg's point, that Leicester have torpedoed Wenger's historic excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The moral character of the sourcing of the monies is not the point I was making. The fact that they have had some free monies is not evil, but it is relevant to reg's point, that Leicester have torpedoed Wenger's historic excuses.
    I don't think Wenger has any more excuses to be honest.

For years he was able to use the rationale of having comparatively no money while others had free will to spend as they pleased, and indeed most - even the most ardent Wenger Outist - could accept this.

Now however he has money, lots of it, but chooses (we have to believe) from his own free will not to spend it - last summer for example. In essence a huge misjudgement of his own players / squad and the great intangible qualities he loves to continually harp on about.

Wenger out!

I don't think Wenger has any more excuses to be honest.

For years he was able to use the rationale of having comparatively no money while others had free will to spend as they pleased, and indeed most - even the most ardent Wenger Outist - could accept this.

Now however he has money, lots of it, but chooses (we have to believe) from his own free will not to spend it - last summer for example. In essence a huge misjudgement of his own players / squad and the great intangible qualities he loves to continually harp on about.

Wenger out!
    That's why I said 'historic excuses' rather than contemporary ones. I actually wrote another sentance about being a top striker (eg Henry Kane) short of winning the league this season but deleted it for brevity. As usual, when I delete for brevity, the response is directed the area which would have been covered by the thing I deleted.

I agree that there are no excuses this year. I don't agree that this proves that there were no excuses for previous years.

Agree.

This year is a one-off, an aberration, a freak and must be viewed as such.

Ranieiri winning the championship on a relative tiny budget (most expensive player = £10m) does not automatically equate to this having been a realistic achievement in previous years.

The traditional big clubs imploded this year, not just us. The next tier, or some of, stepped up. I have no idea what happens next year, the pre-2016 status quo or a more even and harder PL. The big clubs with new managers will spend heavily to try and avoid what has happened this year, others will also spend as there is so much money flowing around the PL now.

I am quite sure Wenger will not have a better (or perhaps ‘easier’) chance of winning it.