Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do Everton want Martinez out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Leicester's success doesn't suddenly make money irrelevant. It is most likely that they are a one-off, an outlier. In fact despite making a couple of great value signings I gather that the club has been sugar-daddied for a while now to help propel it up the charts.

Ironically, why some like to say that their success proves Wenger wrong, it also shows that shrood signings can make a difference, which has always been one of AW's things.
    Of course, but the point is, I think, that Wenger has stopped doing it (at least, enough of it to win us the league) and further has mischievously cited money as the reason. The players are overpriced. Or they don't exist. Or Chelsea have signed them all. Or FFP. Or whatever. It was most informative that, when questioned about this the other week, He cited Leicester City's examples (of shrood signings), rather than His own.

They have at least shown this is/or at least can be shown to be, *******s. We all knew this, of course, but everyone humoured Wenger while He was winning; it's just become more contentious now He's not.

After all, *He's* the one who's obsessed with top, top players, not the supporters. Fair enough, we all love Mesut and Alexis & Co. But the point is, we'd be equally happy with a bunch of no-hopers like Ranieri's squad too, happy in the firm belief that a genius like Wenger would be able to get them to the top of the league as well.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That's why I said 'historic excuses' rather than contemporary ones. I actually wrote another sentance about being a top striker (eg Henry Kane) short of winning the league this season but deleted it for brevity. As usual, when I delete for brevity, the response is directed the area which would have been covered by the thing I deleted.

I agree that there are no excuses this year. I don't agree that this proves that there were no excuses for previous years.
    No, no, no.

Simply, we could have played better football with the players we had. However, rather than do this, we made the discussion all about players we *didn't* have.

That is the issue that Leicester City's success this year begins to prove, and Wenger and many supporters continue to try to skirt around, this season and for the decade past.

This is our greatest ever manager we are talking about, a genius.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, no, no.

Simply, we could have played better football with the players we had. However, rather than do this, we made the discussion all about players we *didn't* have.

That is the issue that Leicester City's success this year begins to prove, and Wenger and many supporters continue to try to skirt around, this season and for the decade past.

This is our greatest ever manager we are talking about, a genius.

Both apply, really. Either we have a decent striker instead of Gircott, and they bang in enough of the 157 chances that Mezut created, or the other players play to their level rather than below it and get the goals from midfield. The fact that AW has been unable to get the midfield purring doesn't alter the fact that despte this, a decent striker would probably have been enough.

Both apply, really. Either we have a decent striker instead of Gircott, and they bang in enough of the 157 chances that Mezut created, or the other players play to their level rather than below it and get the goals from midfield. The fact that AW has been unable to get the midfield purring doesn't alter the fact that despite this, a decent striker would probably have been enough.
    I agree. In fact, I think our lack of a top, top striker, (even a rubbish one from Fleetwood Town, say) actually absolves both Wenger and the team from censure for any failure to win the league. Personally, I reckon the thing to be nigh on impossible.

But that's just my views on football in general and *not* necessarily related to *our* team, even if it does happen to provide a fairly accurate illustration of the point. I think we do remarkably well, despite not having one.

It's possible I've made this point before

That's why I said 'historic excuses' rather than contemporary ones. I actually wrote another sentance about being a top striker (eg Henry Kane) short of winning the league this season but deleted it for brevity. As usual, when I delete for brevity, the response is directed the area which would have been covered by the thing I deleted.

I agree that there are no excuses this year. I don't agree that this proves that there were no excuses for previous years.
    Harry Kane is a good example. He was *our* player as late as 2001. Nothing to do with money at all.

Because he agrees that by saying your anti semetic when you critical of Israel plus mention zionist links to nazi plus anti English terrorism and bring up real history and facts mean your a cnut? Or some ****e...cuts. .****er .. Love you all ****s