Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peak Freddie Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ah. So you can actually acknowledge they all wrote some decent songs then, which is the important bit, after all?
    They were good, very good at what they did - from a technical perspective in terms of songwriting, arrangement and musicianship, and also from a commercial perspective where they press enough people's buttons to make them like it and buy it. So congratulations so far.

Aesthetically, however, they are not my cup pf tea. In fact they are my cup of coriander. Nauseiating, teeth-on-edge, and like an allergic reaction. I also find it simultaneously creepy, overblown, pompous, and yes, Burnley, quite frankly, uncool. In the same way that, for example, Ronald MacDonald is uncool.

And Jorge, you *******, just mentioning the name of that song has set the infernal thing off in my mind and I am feeling unwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They were good, very good at what they did - from a technical perspective in terms of songwriting, arrangement and musicianship, and also from a commercial perspective where they press enough people's buttons to make them like it and buy it. So congratulations so far.

Aesthetically, however, they are not my cup pf tea. In fact they are my cup of coriander. Nauseiating, teeth-on-edge, and like an allergic reaction. I also find it simultaneously creepy, overblown, pompous, and yes, Burnley, quite frankly, uncool. In the same way that, for example, Ronald MacDonald is uncool.
    Oh, in trendy urbanland, Ronald McDonald id uncool now?

Who is protecting you and yours from the Hamburglar, a? Answer me that!

Quote Originally Posted by the jorge View Post
    dont stop me now should come with a trigger warning, it turns me into jorge
    now i've got a ****ing earworm you swine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

As a kid, they were a sort of gateway drug into pop/rock/whatever. Before I was hugely concerned about cool or whatnot, I loved them. Of course, as I grew older I moved on to more sophisticated, less silly, more authentic stuff, but I retain an affection for them because they were fun, wrote good tunes and didn't appear to take themselves terribly seriously.

Did you know Freddie Mercury was buried face down?

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ah. So you can actually acknowledge they all wrote some decent songs then, which is the important bit, after all?
    Nope, I've not heard one that doesnt make me want to hit things

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Nope, I've not heard one that doesnt make me want to hit things
    That's not really what I meant, but I'll run with it. Give an example of a song that doesn't make you want to hit things, something you'd sing cheerfully in the bath.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I only like 1 queen song.
    Breakthru as it was on a hockey video I had when I was a kid.

aren't/weren't Queen just a novelty act, really?

An early precursor to other ****. Like The Darkness?